Bark or no Bark?

Les Elm

Where would the clip look best?
With the Antler Bark visible under the clip or with the Antler Bark hidden?

Les

2eftef4.jpg

mtrng4.jpg

23rtzwy.jpg

Les,
I'm cutting way back on my pen making, but love to do antler... can't keep them in stock... I usually put my clips on a straight side... leave the bark visible. Seems to enhance the sales a little. Those are some really nice turning... how do you finish yours... I usually don't put anything on them, unless I'm into the marrow, then I'll use cA to smooth the marrow... otherwise, I wet sand to about 12000, then sometimes I'll use
either a plastic polish or sometimes just a bar of hard carnuba.

Les,
I'm cutting way back on my pen making, but love to do antler... can't keep them in stock... I usually put my clips on a straight side... leave the bark visible. Seems to enhance the sales a little. Those are some really nice turning... how do you finish yours... I usually don't put anything on them, unless I'm into the marrow, then I'll use cA to smooth the marrow... otherwise, I wet sand to about 12000, then sometimes I'll use
either a plastic polish or sometimes just a bar of hard carnuba.

Chuck,

I just sand to 400x, buff with super fine steel wool and polish with Hut Ultra Gloss.
For the marrow antler I use Thin CA first and then finish with Med CA, sand to 400x, buff with super fine steel wool and polish with Hut Ultra Gloss.

Works great for me!

Les