1951 Delta Homecrafter 140-110 Scroll Saw

Greg Cook

Here is the next restore project....since I seem to be into some old "iron" lately... (http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2140 , http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1945 ). It's a Delta Homecrafter scroll saw I got as part of a trio of tools. According to the old woodworking machine site, it appears to be a model 40-110, build around 1951. It has a blower tube and light that is not shown on the saws on the site, but they are obviously original. I paid $10 for it...no motor.

Here's mine:

That is a great gloat Greg, nice little unit, I'm sure it is much better than the plastic and aluminum stuff they sell today, for a lot more than $10 too! :D

Stu, thanks. Yep, it's all cast iron and weighs a lot... Now I'm in need of 2 motors...one for the Atlas DP, and now this.:huh:

It has 3 pulleys on the saw, so I guess that means it's "variable speed"...:eek:

:rofl:

I have a little surprise for you Greg. Many people would have bought that saw and tossed it and just kept the light on it. :) That light alone will bring 50-75 bucks on EBay.

Nice light guy! :thumb:

I think Cook is a fraud. His old rust ain't got enough rust on it ! His restores are completed with a scotch-pad and some paste wax. And I'm not the least bit envious :mad: No, I'm not - not even a little bit. (Where am I when these deals go down?.. mumble, grumble,cuss. I liked him better when his trees were blowing away... mumble , grumble :()

But seriously, great score, Greg! Gotta buy motors, huh? Maybe you can look into the 3 phase motor/variable frequency drive question for us...hmmm? (No pressure - I'm just too lazy to do it myself.)

If it is original to an the Atlas then most likely. But I have a feeling that is not original but I don't know. Plus you go to remember Delta was the Chevy and Ford for wood working machines. Everybody had Delta. So there is a lot of Delta tools still out there. Lots of people looking for Delta stuff. I have been amazed at some of the prices some of the vintage Delta items have been bringing the past 2-3 months.

I have a little surprise for you Greg. Many people would have bought that saw and tossed it and just kept the light on it. :) That light alone will bring 50-75 bucks on EBay.

Nice light guy! :thumb:

Jeff beat me to it, that's the first thing I thought. It sure would be nice if todays tools has a light that sturdy. You sure do have a great collection going there Greg! :thumb:

DT