Rotary Tools

My 5 cents, I bought the cheapest unit i could possibly find. Its a Jobmate from Canadian tire when on special $12. Does the job. No princess but it works for the few occassions that i wanted it to. I can give it a real hard time and it takes it all and if i ever wreck it then what the heck $12 buy another.:rofl::rofl:

Oh its also variable speed but quiet frankly thats a waste of time on this unit. Moment you slow it down it cannot do anything.

All depends on what you want to use it for. For me i did not know and so bought it at the cheapest price. This one has done fine for my uses.:D

Oh its also variable speed but quiet frankly thats a waste of time on this unit. Moment you slow it down it cannot do anything.

All depends on what you want to use it for. For me i did not know and so bought it at the cheapest price. This one has done fine for my uses.:D

Rob, my Dremel is variable speed too... it has about 6 settings on a slide type switch... the only variable I use is on/off ... if it's on, then full speed all the way.... the primary use I use it for anyway is to cut the stems off my wine glasses so I can put new wooden stems on... :rofl:

My dad gave me his rotozip... and the spindle lock went south...

I have the ryobi version, but haven't had a need to use it. Would drag it out if I could fit/get a flexible shaft attatchment... not that I have a whole lot of use for it anyway.

I have a woodturners friend who has one of those air powered tools that runs at about 100,000 rpm. He does some fantastic carving on his turnings with it. He says it is as easy to use as a felt tip pen.

I've got the dremel, rotozip, and a variable speed ryobi. The ryobil is my favorite. It's a bit longer and easier to handle. It also has lots of accessories like a flexible shaft for hanging it like Drew described, which give a lot more control. The rotozip I use on my cnc, don't handle it too often as it's a bit heavy and scary to use for any detail type of work. The dremel is an older model and vibrates a lot. If I get another it will be the ryobi, which uses standard 1/8 shaft bits like the dremel.