Sheetrock

Chuck Thoits

So I have this little side job hanging and finishing 2300 SQF of sheetrock.
Well I got it all hung last Thursday. I went back Friday and the owner has gone Johnny on the spot on me and started tapping.:doh: Needless to say he has 2 coats on and a tape joint that is 3: wide. So I decide that that is now his wall to finish. I taped out the rest of the room and called it quits for the day. that night in his spare time he decide to help out by sanding my first coat:doh: There is nothing worse than putting second or third coat on with the wall covered in dust. :doh: So I scolded him for that and informed him that no where on that bucket of mud did it say Bondo. So he got to demoted to just filling screws. As he was doing the he sees that my joints are now third coated and 14: wide. He decides that maybe I should put another coat on his 3" wide joints.:thumb: Last night I finished up with third coat. I went back tonight to do any touch ups so it would be dry for sanding tomorrow. Well I get there tonight and see that he has an air hose run over to the building we are working on. My first thought is he has started trim or is adding a wall. Walk in and there he is with a DA sander going at the walls. A job best done by hand he has a 1/3 of the room is all sanded. Now if it had been any one but him with a DA sander going after my sheetrock I might have lost it. But him being a 20+ year body man has them walls looking quit spiffy.:thumb::thumb: Looking so well in fact that I jumped in my truck and went home in hopes he finishes sanding the rest of it tonight.

wow now thats a great story i can hear yuor wheels grinding on the mudding part and then the punch line was great i could see those 14" joints be turned into to scrap real easy.. good tale chuck!!!!