true story

IM not sure if I knew right away, especially at 15, but I was a normal teenage boy who was just girl crazy, so I always went with numbers.
flirt with 25, maybe one will like it.

after a lovely dinner with my family, we capped off our anniversary celebration.
We invited the Plumber over to snake out the pipes in our home, sewers backed up, and thats how we spent our evening. 285 dollars poorer.

My wife gave me a instant lottery ticket last night and said, happy chanukah.
I didnt scratch it. while having my coffee lunchtime today, she handed me the same lottery ticket and said happy anniversary:huh::huh:
Now I know how the kids who's birthday falls out on december 25th feel.

My birthday is December 31, twenty-minutes before midnight. That is also a lousy time for a birthday. I get the, "This is for Christmas and your birthday." routine or just plain forgotten. I remember one year, I forgot my birthday also...thought of it somewhere around the middle of January.

For a few years Myrna and I celebrated our birthdays together, on her birthday Sept. 15th. Well---Now after 61 years of wonderful marriage, I say something like, "Well---What are you getting yourself for your birthday?" The answer is almost always, "Clothes!" So I go to all of the stores with her and sit and read and look at an outfit every now and then when she comes out of the dressing room.

Why do I do that? My wife's maiden name was Glendening from the House Of Glendowen. If I go with her she comes home with a lot more clothes than if she went alone.

We do the same thing for each other at Christmas, and other special days.

Enjoy,

Jim

Did I mention that she has never kept any clothes that I purchased and gave her. Therefore, if she picks them, we don't have to return anything.

Actually I don't get it. Clothes are sort of an essential item in our world. If I need a new blazer, I go and buy it. Clothes are not something I would want as a GIFT. I'll buy my clothes. If you want to give me a gift, a big yellow or a turning tool or some drills will do just fine.