Christmas Turnings

Here are a couple of Potpourri pots I made for Christmas to take to the Art Gallery. They are both claro walnut with Fleur-de-Lis lids from Craft Supply USA. They are smaller than the pewter lids but sure are pretty. I put a maple foot on one to raise it slightly and the wife thinks it looks pretty good. They are 5" across and 4" high. 6 coats of wipe on poly. Had to grab a couple of pic's quick as the Art Director called and wanted them now because she had a lady interested in both. Hopefully they sold. I had thought $45 but the Art Director said how about $72.50 ea. I said if you can get it go for it.:D

Attachments

• Claro Walnut Potpourri Pots 1.jpg
    Claro Walnut Potpourri Pots 1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Claro Walnut Potpourri Pots 2.jpg
    Claro Walnut Potpourri Pots 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the kind comments. I just happened to order a couple of them at the urging of my wife. They are actually quite pretty.

Stephen the opening for these is just about a 1/16" less the 2".

Bernie,

Do you fill them with smelly stuff before you sell them?:D

I do like them just being silly! I will not say form and finish just saying they are neat....

Last edited:
$72.50? :eek: Dang, I need to move to your part of the country. :p Lemme know if you can't keep up with the orders. I'll cut you in on 30%. :rofl:

Nice job on the potpourri pots, too. :thumb:

Very nice on both pots. What a shine you got on them. And at 72.50 I would make another 12 or 20 for Christmas.
Dennis

Thanks again. Yep she is quite the seller. I called her earlier and she said the lady really liked them. I didn't know who she was but the Art Director said they just built a $450,000 house in a town east of us about 35 miles. Vaughn that would be a $2.5 to $3 million dollar home where you live.