Breaking News: Neighboring house aflame

Ned Bulken

Quite a lot of excitement tonight:
This is on the next street over from our house:
p205373345-4.jpg

http://OTLphoto.zenfolio.com/p294197566

Unkown as to cause, but it is knocked down now.

Wind has all of that smoke headed right through/over our house.

Last edited:
Wow glad you safe Ned but i dont wish a scene like that on anyone. Very sad to see a house go up in flames. Now if it was a grow op well i would not worry one bit. But thats a home.:(

I feel for that family, A few years ago my Water Heater blew and got an inch of water in the basement, I can't see how a real flood copes with the damage... But a house fire has to be worse. My heart goes out for your neighbors..

We're sure there will be a benefit dinner or somesuch at some point, when it happens, I'll be sure and make a donation to them. My wife recently took her 'life membership' from the fire dept, so we can focus on getting the house ready, last night, however, she was with her former EMT partner when the call went out. As a life member she can still make calls if she chooses, and went on this call as it was litereally just a couple of hundred feet from our house. Many of the members were glad to see her, and asked her to go back (they need a treasurer)... she politely declined. :rolleyes:

Wow...that's absolutely the kind of excitement none of us ever want to experience. Glad everyone's ok physically, but wow...what a tough way to spend Christmas (and the winter for that matter).

just spoke with my wife, one of the neighboring fire company firefighters broke an ankle, but that was the only injury reported.

Horrible time for it to happen indeed, not that there is a good time... such as our immediate neighbors house was on fire a couple of years ago, at least our next door neighbor had insurance, and this was only their 'summer cottage'. I suspect this was the primary residence for the family last night.