Remeberence of a Great Time

larry merlau

well mostof yu know that i love to hunt and spend time with those that do it as well, and then enter in woodworking to the mix,, and its almost perfect:) while i was over to Dave Hawksfords territory hunting and gettun some learnun, he gave me a gift that i was shocked to get and elated as well, it was a print of one of his paintings.. and he signed, dated and numbered it aswell... so it was was a very special gift that he gave me.. and i just got it back from the framers last night and wanted to thank Dave again and to let you all see the print..was a very special gesture from a very special man that we are lucky to have in our forum.. Thank You Dave Hawksford
tn_forum pics 004.jpg

i must have snowed him purty good huh:) and i didnt dare make the frame for what i could buy the whole works for sharon,, i was gonna till i saw the differnce in numbers.

Good on both of you. Larry, don't forget to put this in writing and attach to the back of that picture. That is the "provinance" that the antique roadshow will want to know generations from now.

Very nice paint Dave. Man you should do this full time.:thumb: Thats a priceless gift there Larry i think you both deserve it and good memory of the time you spent together.:thumb:

Larry on the side I been lucky enough to be up close with a couple of those boys and been woken up in Jasper Alberta once to the bugleing of an Elk. Nearly wet my pants but recovered.:rofl: And i did not have anything other than a camera to defend myself.:)

That's a very nice picture and even a nicer gesture :thumb::thumb::thumb:

(What, you didn't make the frame yourself?) :rofl:

Sharon you know you not the only one thinking that. :huh: I am thinking good few thousand dollars of tools tons of expertise, loads of select exotic wood and he has to send it off for framing.:dunno::rofl::thumb:;) Something tells me Larry wanted it done right.:D

Last edited:
Thank you all very much. I enjoyed having Larry as much as the boys and wife did he is the most gracious guest. Doing dishes, cooking dinner, I stopped him when he wanted to wash the windows :rofl: [not really] :rofl: I am blessed to have found this site and I would do the same for any of you how came for a visit. SO thanks again for the friendship.

Great stuff all around. Thanks for sharing Larry. You are right about a professional framing job being a lot more than making a frame. Proper mounting of artwork is an art in itself. I make some frames but, I don't do the mounting.