Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Friday

Another Friday

Been waiting on Don all morning...looks like he slept in.

Got xmas parties tonight and tomorrow night. Planning to install the chimney and stove in the shop on Saturday. Hopefully getting some warm shop time in on Sunday, but also have a memorial (celebration of life) to attend for a friends father.

Whatcha got going on?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Birthday party/dinner for my wife tonight with around 10 friends. No real plans the rest of the weekend, some shop time for sure though!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Friday: Plant a bottlebrush tree this afternoon. Watch the NASCAR Cup Awards tonight.

Saturday: Move some existing plants to new locations; trim some hedges.

Sunday: Chill out!!!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    Plant a bottlebrush tree this afternoon.
    Had to look that one up, never seen one before. Can the flowers be used for a bottle brush or are they pretty fragile?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Had to look that one up, never seen one before. Can the flowers be used for a bottle brush or are they pretty fragile?
    The flowers are very fragile, but it produces a lot of them for months - almost year-round. It's a great hummingbird attractor and can be groomed as a shrub or tree. I got one that has been groomed as a single-trunk tree to place off the end of the deck I completed a few weeks ago.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Christmas decorations at my Dad's house tomorrow....He just had Hernia surgery, so I am turning my daughters into Christmas decorators for him.....and then on Sunday...they get to do our house. Should be interesting

Tomorrow returning one of the gilded frames and a painting I re-did for the customer and made the stretchers for the painting to fit the frame. I am not sure about how others will look at me finishing up a painting another artist had done but the customer was not happy with it and asked me to do my magic. So after a long debate with my physique I decided to do the work. Anyway after I deliver the work it's back to the tree stand on the farm in Va and back home for church and a date night with the wife on Sunday.

The one with the windows is how I received the painting. I just started removing the areas that were not pleasing to me. The customer is delighted with the finished work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAGE_133.jpg   IMAGE_159.jpg   IMAGE_161.jpg  
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

resting, watching the snow come down and not having to go to work until monday.... lol
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    The one with the windows is how I received the painting. I just started removing the areas that were not pleasing to me. The customer is delighted with the finished work.
    I like your version much better. Getting rid of the background definitely give the painting a focal point.
    Darren

Thanks Darren. My Saturday morning will be very stressful till I see the customers face in person when I deliver Both together.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com