Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we do this...?

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt

Can we do this...?

Hey admin team. I was on the festool owner's group forum (www.festoolownersgroup.com) a while ago, also powered by VBulletin, and a neat thing happened. As I started to reply, I got a message "While you were reading the post, another reply has been posted, you may wish to read it before replying."

Sure wish we had that here. Can't tell you how many times I've posted some half-assed answer to a question only to find that Tod, or Vaughn, or Ian or someone like that has already answered the question elegantly.
    Last edited by Vaughn McMillan; 02-15-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Fixed the broken link to the Festool Owner's Group site.
    Don't believe everything you think!

Dunno Jesse, worth looking into
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I dunno Jesse, I kinda look forward to those half azzed anzwerz (kidding)

Can we say a$$ed? not that I'd want to

Jesse, I checked out that site & it looks like it's using SMF, not vBulletin. That software must have the feature. vBulletin probably does not. Maybe one of our admins can look at the settings to see.

I haven't seen a setting like that go by, but I'll do a bit of checking and see what I can find.

BTW, I usually resist the urge to edit other peoples' posts, but I took the liberty of fixing the link in your post, Jesse. These darned computers can tell the difference between festtoolownersgroup.com and festoolownersgroup.com.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Hey, why drag my name into it ? My posts are as "half fast" as anyone else's. [Tod, that's the 'elegant' way to say it ]
    All the best,
    Ian G

**Now holding auditions for a catchy new signature**

I'm with Jesse. Seems to happen a lot to me. What a great feature.

how in the world did a dumb hick and the word "elegant" get used in the same sentence? i think jessie`s been on the agave worms for breakfast
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Jesse

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I wouldn't have known about the new approach if you hadn't posted.

I hated the old yahoo group interface and as a result I rarely visited that forum even though I wanted to increase my Festool knowledge.

Oh, the downside is yet another forum to read!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Bodenschatz View Post
    Jesse, I checked out that site & it looks like it's using SMF, not vBulletin. That software must have the feature. vBulletin probably does not. Maybe one of our admins can look at the settings to see.
    Yep, Rob is correct, it is SMF, not vBulletin, still, there may be something similar.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward