Can we do this...?

Hey admin team. I was on the festool owner's group forum (www.festoolownersgroup.com) a while ago, also powered by VBulletin, and a neat thing happened. As I started to reply, I got a message "While you were reading the post, another reply has been posted, you may wish to read it before replying."

Sure wish we had that here. Can't tell you how many times I've posted some half-assed answer to a question only to find that Tod, or Vaughn, or Ian or someone like that has already answered the question elegantly.:eek: :doh: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse, I checked out that site & it looks like it's using SMF, not vBulletin. That software must have the feature. vBulletin probably does not. Maybe one of our admins can look at the settings to see.

I haven't seen a setting like that go by, but I'll do a bit of checking and see what I can find.

BTW, I usually resist the urge to edit other peoples' posts, but I took the liberty of fixing the link in your post, Jesse. These darned computers can tell the difference between festtoolownersgroup.com and festoolownersgroup.com. ;)

how in the world did a dumb hick and the word "elegant" get used in the same sentence? i think jessie`s been on the agave worms for breakfast:eek:

Jesse

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :thumb: :thumb: I wouldn't have known about the new approach if you hadn't posted.

I hated the old yahoo group interface and as a result I rarely visited that forum even though I wanted to increase my Festool knowledge.

Oh, the downside is yet another forum to read! :D

Jay

how in the world did a dumb hick and the word "elegant" get used in the same sentence? i think jessie`s been on the agave worms for breakfast:eek:

Hey Tod,
I usually stop a little short of the worm :rofl: Out here there's a saying, "comida sin chile no es comida", a meal without chile is no meal. So a good NM breakfast is a couple of fried eggs on top of a tortila and smothered with red chile sauce - huevos rancheros, yummm.

Anyhow, what I meant by "elegant" is it usually takes me about 50 words and I still don't hit the nail on the head. You seem to be able to explain the thing clearly in about ten words. Where I went to school, that was called good writing:thumb:

So a good NM breakfast is a couple of fried eggs on top of a tortila and smothered with red chile sauce - huevos rancheros, yummm.

Jesse, you just triggered some saliva glands up here in the cold north. It's 25 yrs since I visited the southwest, but I can still remember the taste of huevos rancheros. A treat for the senses. I never had anything to compare in Canada.

I found out that they're also pretty good cold the following day when riding hung over in the back seat of the car . yummmm indeed !