Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For All The Hunters

For All The Hunters

This was allegedly from a San Francisco newspaper. It's really scary how some people think!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meat.01.jpg  
    Jesus was a Woodworker

So that's how it is done. I always wondered where the meat came from.

I like to share this one with the Anti hunters
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

There are many valid reasons to kill animals, but killing for pleasure is not one of them. That's my major objection to sport hunting - it's done just for the pleasure of the shooter - the enjoyment the hunter gets in seeing the animal killed.

Sure, sport hunters tell you they eat what they kill, but that's the most expensive meat around when you factor the cost of the weapon, ammunition, clothes, hunting license, travel, etc. If all they were looking for was food they could get it a lot cheaper at the grocery store.

In some parts of the country we have too many deer because we killed off the predators. Personally, I'd prefer that we hired hunters to thin the herd, or use poison to reduce their numbers. But allowing sport hunting is cheaper for the local government.

Allowing people to kill for pleasure diminishes us as a people.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 12-04-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

MEAT IS MURDER - TASTY, TASTY MURDER!

Saw that on a T-shirt and has had me laughing for the past year.
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    There are many valid reasons to kill animals, but killing for pleasure is not one of them. That's my major objection to sport hunting - it's done just for the pleasure of the shooter - the enjoyment the hunter gets in seeing the animal killed.

Sure, sport hunters tell you they eat what they kill, but that's the most expensive meat around when you factor the cost of the weapon, ammunition, clothes, hunting license, travel, etc. If all they were looking for was food they could get it a lot cheaper at the grocery store.

In some parts of the country we have too many deer because we killed off the predators. Personally, I'd prefer that we hired hunters to thin the herd, or use poison to reduce their numbers. But allowing sport hunting is cheaper for the local government.

Allowing people to kill for pleasure diminishes us as a people.

Mike
    My appoligies, it was not my intention to open a can of worms about Hunting/Anti-Hunting.

My point was that someone could actually believe that meat was made in a store without animals being hurt. To me it's like the people that appear on shows like Jerry Springer, They not only do some incredibly stupid things, I don't fault them that, we all do some stupid things now and then, but then they want to come on national television and tell the world about it.

Someone once said: It's better to keep quiet and have people think you're a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    Last edited by Dan Mooney; 12-04-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

So the meat in the Grocery stores committed suicide??????

"Meat" is often manufactured from soy or other plant material for those who wish to prepare "meat" dishes (example: meatballs and spaghetti) but are either vegetarian or have moral objections to eating flesh. Since that article is purportedly from San Francisco, it's possible the writer was addressing that group of people, who would understand his/her meaning.

Often statements intended for a certain group of people, especially in the shorthand of a newspaper, can be read differently by another group of people who do not have the same background.

I really doubt if someone would be unaware that real (not manufactured) meat comes from animals.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 12-04-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    I like a lot of folks would rather eat my meat from fresh kill, than worrie what has been put in it from the big mega farmers.If it cost more than IMO it's well worth it.These big mega farmers have all ready run off most of the small family farmers. So bless Willie, Dave,John, and Neal, for doing some thing to help our small family farms.(farm aid) I know you were talking about hunting, but wheather hunting fresh game, or raising fresh game is the same to me.
    And by the way i have eaten some of them bean burgers and i woun't do it again.
    Steve
    Last edited by Stephen Bellinger; 12-04-2010 at 07:29 PM.

I know a lot of hunters and there are only a hand full who do not have the utmost respect for the hunt. Those guys I do not associate with.
    Like I told my boys as they were growing up and the table always had venison on it, I like to watch the deer as much as the next guy and I have let thousands of deer walk past me. There are deer for jerky, deer for stakes deer for stew and burger and it's work. For something most call a sport have never gotten deeply evolved in it. It is also a God given right handed down to each hunter since Cain and Able.
    One of my favorite passages in the bible is a Psalm by David when he says; As the deer pants for water so my soul longs for you. David was a hunter and knew when deer were gut shot they headed for water. It is a pain staking event when one is wounded and needs to be tracked and finished off. Killing deer is not taken lightly by me or any of they guys I hunt with.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com