A few pic's at the feeder

Larry and I did not get any pic's together and I regret that but I pulled the card from the trail cam and looky looky I cough Larry sleeping :rofl:
Also the one he was after but only came in before light.

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 79
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 94
  • PICT0090.JPG
    PICT0090.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 70
ok no one seems to notice so i am gonna ask the wize ones in our group,, why is the camo pattern not showing on my clothing and yet my hat does show it????daves pants are wool and they have a pattern, and my clothing is at least 8 to ten yrs old and has been used and abused a bunch. if the critters look at me as the snowman i am in for trouble..

Well i thought you was sleep walking out in your pajamas. I thought you guys were supposed to wear camo.:rofl:

On the serious side my thoughts go back to the days in the military. We did not wear cammo in Sa we had what we called browns. One interesting point that was made to us was we were not allowed or not supposed to iron our clothing. Turned out it did something to the material to make us more visible at night not that the guys we were up against had night vision goggles. But i guess an ironed spot on clothing could reflect infrared if we were lit up by an infrared light seeking us out.

My guess is for the camera to spot you its using infrared to light you up. If not its detecting infrared radiated from your body. Some camo gear is supposed to suppress this radiation. I guess yours is not doing that after years of use and washing.

If it was a flash you set off through motion sensing then i guess it was being reflected by the material your outfit is made of.

Remeber some image intesifiers use infrared light to "light up the night". This is the kind of thing that would reflect off a shiny spot in your material caused by say ironing. But its pointless if you dont hide the rest of your radiated infrared from body heat.

Last edited:
I was going to mention the same as Rob. For military fatigues you're not suppose to iron or starch them. But I suspect that the material has a reflective surface anyway, which is what you're seeing is the reflection of the IR light. It's almost like shining a regular camera at a light, you get a blown out, mostly white picture with all the light.

I was going to mention the same as Rob. For military fatigues you're not suppose to iron or starch them. But I suspect that the material has a reflective surface anyway, which is what you're seeing is the reflection of the IR light. It's almost like shining a regular camera at a light, you get a blown out, mostly white picture with all the light.

ok darren,, if thats what is going on, how would one elimante the glow? and what does the critters see???

sheets are easy just hard to keep them of the floor,, and thats why i dont wear shorts.. didnt want to iron one more thing jeans didnt get ironed yeah.. shirts were the worst those sleeves and the creess had to be just so or we had to do it over again:(:(

You got no problem from the critters seeing you. They see UV better than the reds. So what you need to worry about is what you wash your clothes in. Some washing stuff has uv brighteners in it and with somthing like moonlight you will "light up" to them.

Infra red is at the other end of the spectrum take a look at this chart

a guy i used to work with didn't like the idea of spending big $$ just to douse himself with animal waste, so he hit upon another idea altogether, smell like the forest he hunts in. what he does, is about a week or so before he goes hunting, he will stuff his hunting clothing into bags, and then shove in as many fresh cut pine branches as he can. by the time he goes hunting, he smells just like any run of the mill pine tree.:thumb:

Dan your talking to the choir here. I go as far as picking up deer droppings and rubbing them on my pants. :rofl: But they have to be fresh :thumb:

a guy i used to work with didn't like the idea of spending big $$ just to douse himself with animal waste, so he hit upon another idea altogether, smell like the forest he hunts in. what he does, is about a week or so before he goes hunting, he will stuff his hunting clothing into bags, and then shove in as many fresh cut pine branches as he can. by the time he goes hunting, he smells just like any run of the mill pine tree.:thumb: