Chisel handles

Here are three cherry chisel handles that I finished up recently.

They are between 12 and 14 inches (approximately) and are finished with tung oil.

Thanks for looking:) .

PICT0002.JPG PICT0004.JPG

I've been looking at lathe tool sets lately for the Jet Mini. I'm not in a hurry I enjoy the looking. :peek:
I have seen some really expensive sets with handles no where near that nice.

Great job George! :clap:

DT

Very nice, George. What brand of chisels did you put in the handles?

I've noticed that one or two of my trusty HF starter chisels are starting to get a bit loose at the handle, so I'm thinking about making some longer handles for them. Seems it'd be good practice for when I get some better (unhandled) chisels.

Very nice, I have 2 nice 8/4 boards of cherry to replace the cheap handles on my B-best chisels (well that and the fact that I have mismatched handles even though there were sets)

Two questions, what did you use for the brass and what drilling did you do for the chisels them self? Did you drill first and hold that end with the live center?

George, those are some great looking handles. I'm curious as to where you got the brass tubing for the ferrules. I've used copper on a few I've made but I think the brass looks better.

George, nice work. I just sawed some cherry firewood blocks into 8/4 squares tonight to make some of the same. I just hate waiting for them to dry out some. I've been thinking about making a small kiln for just such projects. Did you make the tennon for the ferrels a press fit or did you use some glue?