Subfloor Divot Repair?

Currently, the sheets are "stapled" around the edges on the joists, sometimes nailed, if it goes the same as it is under the kitchen.

I plan on screwing them all down along the joists after I rip up the carpet tomorrow... Now that will a lot of fun... Wish I had one of those hookajoobs you use while standing up!

Well, the 'goop' I'm using seems to be setting up pretty nicely. Will probably sand things down a bit and do another little skim coat.

The subfloor is in pretty good shape. Just the top layer of the ply came off, so not real deep, but I figure prep is 50% of any job anyway...

Tomorrow I put in the a little laminate by the door, rip up the carpet, and get some molding in place... At least the surprises should be done.

Any advice on removing the staples that were used to hold down the existing padding? Leave 'em or remove 'em?

I.e. Pullem or Bangem....

Bangem seems preferred, but it leaves little foamy bits. I think I'll give Sharon some needle nose pliers and let her have at it.... :rofl: :thumb:

Well, at least my dog worries about me.... :D

(but I am concerned about my wife. She seemed to find way too much humor in my early demise) :eek:

Dearly Beloved,

We are gathered here today to remember Brent. He was a good man despite his rough-hewn bearded look, and will always be known for his inquisitive, "fix anything" nature. As we all know, it was his propensity for tinkering with things that led to his untimely demise, but fortunately he was able to get the heaters working so his widow and pets won't suffer through the cold desert winter. He leaves behind a multi-faceted legacy...his many unfinished projects, his vast assortment of electronic gadgets (some working, and some not), and his love of woodworking. With a name like Dowell, who could he NOT be pulled into woodworking?

As we remember this man...wait...I just got a text message. Hang on...

Well, it appears the Coroner was a bit premature in his pronouncement of death. I have a report telling me that Brent has been revived with some type of alcohol-based stimulant. Sounds like the funeral's off for now. Time to party, I guess. :champagne: