New Ride

Nice bike, looks like fun. My knees hurt just looking at the picture :D
Bob
My knees hurt from carrying all that weight around and a genetic helping of arthritis. By keeping the gearing right it seems to really help my knees. Problem , have a lot more hills and snow home in Pa. than here in Fl.:(

Garry

Congrats on the new wheels, Gary. :thumb: I pretty much had to retire my bike when I messed up my back. Can't risk taking a fall anymore.

Bob
My knees hurt from carrying all that weight around and a genetic helping of arthritis. By keeping the gearing right it seems to really help my knees. Problem , have a lot more hills and snow home in Pa. than here in Fl.:(

Garry

Now we know that Gary is living Florida!

Now we know that Gary is living Florida!

Paul
No just in Florida for 2-3 weeks. Need the gears for Pa. I am leaving the bike down here for now. May come back again this winter. Now I could move to Florida but the wife won't so far. And waking up this AM to temps in the 20's isn't helping change her mind. I thought it was supposed to be warm down here.

Haven't had a bike probably 45 years, that changed yesterday. New Trek Pure Sport..

Very cool Garry! I should get out on mine more often (non-motorized, that is) :thumb:

And if you need to, I sure Brent can help or at least offer some advice... :eek::rofl::rofl:

DONT! :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Vaughn check out the Day6 bike I bought one and love it even with my back problems. Its the only bike I could ride other than a 3 wheel recumbent after back surgery.

http://www.day6bicycles.com/

Those day 6 bikes look like a cross between a bicycle and a chopper! They look almost like recumbent I bet they are comfortable... :thumb:

Hey Vaughn check out the Day6 bike I bought one and love it even with my back problems. Its the only bike I could ride other than a 3 wheel recumbent after back surgery.

http://www.day6bicycles.com/

Those look cool, Jay, and very comfortable. :thumb: My mountain bike isn't uncomfortable for me to ride...I'm just worried about re-injuring my back if I were to fall. I was fortunate to not end up in a wheelchair the first time I broke it, but the docs have told me the next time I might not be so lucky.

Jay Caughron said:
Its a hybrid recumbent and is the nicest riding bike I have ever been on.
Vaughn you should look into the recumbent trikes that is what I was going for when I found the Day-6

Jay, as a few folks here can attest, the last quarter mile before my house would be a deal breaker because it's pretty steep. It's petty hilly where I live, so that also puts a damper on biking. ;)