You know you live in the boondocks when...

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
A rabbit takes down your interwebs...

Wascally Wabbits....
attachment.php

Attachments

• rabbittookdowntheinternet.jpg
    rabbittookdowntheinternet.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 155
Dang ol' wabbits. We have a house rabbit. When that little sucker is running loose, you better move all the cords.

Mine is down in the shop as well. For some reason the router won't push it 75' today.

Last edited:
The cable does go overhead, until it hits the hill. Need to get some conduit for the wires, but that's the way the installer hooked it up. Last year they ate the power cord which did know out part of the valley. This year it only affected us...

I reckon if they take out the power cord, my provider will be out here with the conduit...

you should have saved some of them coyotes and snake to keep the rabbits away:) yup had cable tv once and the installer came while i was gone and done the same thing just laid it on the ground.. i called and asked if they were done and the guy told yup your all set he just go the final work order from the guys doing the work and they were on to the next job .. i asked him if he was gonna come out and hold the cord up while i mowed the grass each time he said no why because its not buried at all!!!!

Coyotes were around the night before last. Heard them whooping it up real loud and close to the house around 4:45am... I think I even know the particular Jack Rabbit that did the chewing. Saw him this morning as I was taking bucky out and he ran up that way....

You know a Jackrabbit isn't really a rabbit? :huh: They are a wire Hare.
Down in Texas they have horns too... :D:D

Seriously, when I was about 10 I saw a jackrabbit take out a greyhound... they can turn 90 degrees at a dead run... we lived in West Texas and our neighbor had several greyhounds... I saw one chasing a JR along a fence line... the dog was getting close, so the rabbit changed direction, right under a barbed wire fence (bob wire in Texas speak)... the dog didn't see the wire and tore him up pretty good. We had lots of trouble with those dogs... they didn't seem to like our Chow too much... fortunately he convinced them early on they should stay at home. :D:D

It's funny to watch bucky try and chase them. She's fast, but not nearly fast enough to get a JR. I watch the JR run, get just of of Bucky's sight, then the JR takes a quick turn and it's all over...

Somwhere my mom has a pic of my grandpa and about 5 neighboring farmers sitting behind about 40 dead JR they shot in a day...they aren't around much in NE KS anymore...:rolleyes: