Thread: Ridgid 18 V Lithium-Ion

Ridgid 18 V Lithium-Ion

Anyone have Ridgid tools that use the 18 V Lithium Ion batteries?

Like the ones that come with this
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 12-09-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Yep, I have that exact drill. And another, smaller ridgid. Oddly, one battery of each is blown!

Must be something about my karma...

Thanks,

Bill

I have an older version similar to that, both batteries are bad now. Been shopping for another drill. I was stupid/lost the upc before I got around to filling out the warranty.

I don't know that it's anything bad on ridgid, but 1.5 yrs and both batteries already shot, I don't think I'll get another ridgid battery product. I wasn't crazy about the battery life before they died either.

I had ( still have ) a rigid drill and impact and had the one battery die. Picked up the Dewalt litium combo and wow what a difference in weight and performance. They also will use any 18 volt dewalt battery made from 1996 on. The new charger will charge both types of batteries. The rigid now sits on the shelf for when the kids want to borrow a drill.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    I had ( still have ) a rigid drill and impact and had the one battery die. Picked up the Dewalt litium combo and wow what a difference in weight and performance. They also will use any 18 volt dewalt battery made from 1996 on. The new charger will charge both types of batteries. The rigid now sits on the shelf for when the kids want to borrow a drill.
    Good to know about the dewalt, that's what I replaced mine with.

Bill, check your PM's. You're the winner! You win an extra drill (with an intermittent trigger switch issue), two batteries, and a bag.

I guess it wasn't a good idea to plug in the charger with the battery in it. It overloaded the circuit a blew up the charger. I've had nothing but bad luck with it, but thought at least someone could use what's left.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault