Big gloat coming down the pike

As some of you know, LOML recently got a '56 Chevy, and now he needs (of course) every automotive tool known to man. So the woodworking gods are looking out for me, and today I received this from Lee Valley:

LVdec9.jpg

It's not as outrageous as it looks...there are 2 infrared heaters in there....

I don't have time to open it right now--gotta go out for a bit--so stayed tuned! :D :thumb: :D :thumb: ;)

Good haul there Cynthia. :thumb::thumb: I think you will find that router plate pretty good going. Just take your time with the setup of the hole and either cut it into mdf or baltic birch.

i see one item you got that i am planning to purchase, that hand held countersink. let me know how well it works please when you get to try it out.

If you want to get carving check out ebay for deals on carving tools. Way cheaper than LV for Japanese quality too.

Enjoy the heaters. Looks like the dogs knew what was coming they made sure to guard the box.:)

Good haul there Cynthia. :thumb::thumb: I think you will find that router plate pretty good going. Just take your time with the setup of the hole and either cut it into mdf or baltic birch.

i see one item you got that i am planning to purchase, that hand held countersink. let me know how well it works please when you get to try it out.

If you want to get carving check out ebay for deals on carving tools. Way cheaper than LV for Japanese quality too.

Enjoy the heaters. Looks like the dogs knew what was coming they made sure to guard the box.:)

Thanks Rob--you can look in the mirror and thank yourself for that router plate. I figured that was the best investment and make my own table. Yeah, I wanted that hand countersink instead of all these different (and expensive) countersink bits. I'll let you know how it feels.

Uh-oh, you bought some "real" screws. If you were using BORG screws before, you'll never go back. I have a similar marking gauge with the fractional graduations and really like it. Isn't it fun getting stuff in the mail? ;-)

Cynthia:

When I saw the first picture in the thread - the first thing that popped into my head was - "If those dogs are anything bigger than field mice that box is gonna cost a fortune!".

+1 on the nice haul.

Cheers

Jim