good thing i don't work today....

Dan Noren

Staff member
the snow started late last night, and is still coming down.:eek: a bit on the windy side too. it can stop any time now, thank you very much...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

the pics are: the accumilation out back, up and down the street in front (you also get to see part of one hand protecting the lens), and our alley, shot from the garage door.

and the local radar at this time...

Attachments

• snow 1.jpg
    snow 1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 55
  • snow 2.JPG
    snow 2.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 49
  • snow 3.JPG
    snow 3.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 51
  • snow 4.JPG
    snow 4.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 53
  • radar.jpg
    radar.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
We're supposed to start getting that tonight, and over the next three days. They're saying 12"~16" by Tuesday night. Sure lookin' forward to that...NOT!

I guess telling you I was thinking about going paddling on the River wouldn't help? But the water is cold enough I have to wear my dry suit. :dunno:

24812_789897936315_27411797_44348211_5630055_n.jpg

dan, dont be a sissy, get out there and build some furniture. Youre not going into work, might as well use the time to play with wood.
those pictures and what IM reading on the news is kinda scary.
It would shut down NY city to a standstill for days.

It would shut down NY city to a standstill for days.

We're Minnesotan's. We're pretty hardcore up here.:rofl:

Man has it been snowing though! I'm kinda glad, I hope the whole winter is like this. I hate snow, I hate cold. I think with enough of it I'll eventually freak out and leave. With the ultra high taxes, comfortable climate, and our incredibly crappy roads it hard to imagine wanting to live anywhere else.:rofl:

i spent most of the evening helping people get unstuck, and helping an older lady clean out her driveway and path to the house from the garage. we had almost 2 ft of snow all over the place. the funniest thing was when i went in to tell the wife :blah: what i was up to, she got all bundled up and decided to check out all this snow for herself. she even brought the camera too.

Attachments

• beatriz1.JPG
    beatriz1.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
44 degrees and rainy. Boy I'm glad I moved to the coast. I don't miss that white stuff AT ALL.

Low 80's here. Man, this winter is already brutal.

70 degrees and clear.:D

Coast/LA/Phoenix, been there, done that. Always said why live in snow when you can visit it. Problem is, I rarely visited it. We don't get a whole lot of snow in the winter here in Nevada, but I love it. I'm looking for our first snow-in of the winter where we'll have to go to the store and stock up for a whole few days of 6" or so :rofl::rofl:

When I lived in LA, I had this sudden urge to move to Chicago, then I realized I missed the seasons that we had on the high desert (yes, Barstow...again no comments from the peanut gallery).

I think I like having three months of winter to force us into indoor projects. Of course the West is having a heat wave and it's warmer outside the house than inside, right now. :eek:

This is coming from someone who swore they never would live in cold country :wave::wave:

Sharon, I can relate. I grew up in New Mexico at 5200 to 7200 feet in elevation, so I got used to various amounts of snow in the winter. Not like the folks in the northern parts of the continent, but still enough to know how to drive on it and deal with it. I've been in LA for nearly 20 years, but I still think getting fresh roses off the bushes out front in December and January is just wrong. Wearing a t-shirt and shorts to hang Christmas lights is wrong. Moving the lawn in February is wrong. :rolleyes:

In New Mexico, jade plants and asparagus ferns were exotic indoor plants that needed to be pampered. I've got 'em growing like weeds in my yard now. (When I moved out here I had a potted jade plant that was about 12" tall. It seemed huge. The house I moved into at the time had a 6' tall jade hedge, with trunks that were 6" to 7" in diameter.) Coleus was a houseplant in NM. Yard plant here. Ivy plants were nice houseplants in NM...you could get one to grow all the way across the mantle over the fireplace if you were careful with it. An ivy plant is a weed here. It will grow all the way across your lawn if you're not careful. :p

Glad you are doing well in the storm Dan. Supposed to get bad here today. 1/2 to 1" of the white stuff. Stores packed yesterday. Milk, bread, the usual. Could shut the area down for a day or two.

IDIOTS, I am surrounded by idiots.

Raining right now, and 36°. Yesterday was first day above freezing in over two weeks. Rain is dissolving all the (8~10") snow we had. Supposed to turn to snow this afternoon, as the temperature drops down to 11° tonight, and keep in snowing until Wednesday. 18~24" predicted. Looks like we're working toward a white Christmas!