Sabbatical is modified

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I'm back - sort of.

The issue that awaited me when I returned home last month is mostly resolved.

It is, however, the Christmas season and my calendar runneth over with worship services.

But I now do have time to look in now and then - maybe even pipe up!

After the New Year, we'll pick up where we left off. ;)

It is nice to be missed. Thanks.

Collet adapters. Most routers have multiple collets available. The would be the first choice. Adapters introduce another surface which may slip.

The collet is engineered to present a metal-to-metal contact with the socket on the end of the motor shaft and a metal-to-metal contact with the collet and the router bit shaft. Each of those surfaces must be pristine clean for all to work as intended.

Add two more surfaces with an adapter, the risk for things going wonkers increases. And the bit always comes out, increasing the depth of cut and ruining your workpiece.

And where does it wind up when it comes out all together? I know one past student who had it go into his jeans pocket and come out at his knee. At 23,000 rpm.

The cost between an adapter and another properly sized collet is just a couple of dollars.

Heck, the emergency room bill was a whole lot more.

My 2 cents, since you asked.

Well, Larry, it is the season of wishing one another peace. But my schedule is not yet open enough for a full blown explosion of peace and quiet. Be patient. It'll come.

I ordered the collet as soon as I got home from Grizzley, they didnt carry one.
didnt receive it but the tool guy gave me the collet adaptor for free, just a bit concerned about using it.(only needed it for one bit)

You convinced me, Im going to find out who has it available now and get it shipped asap.

Peace be with you!

Welcome back..

Rose Sunday then the last Sunday of advent.

Boy what a Christmas schedule We have..

It is nice to be missed. Thanks.

Add two more surfaces with an adapter, the risk for things going wonkers increases. And the bit always comes out, increasing the depth of cut and ruining your workpiece.

And where does it wind up when it comes out all together? I know one past student who had it go into his jeans pocket and come out at his knee. At 23,000 rpm.

Well, you convinced me! :eek: Glad you're back. Wishing you a peaceful and happy season...... :) :wave: