Sabbatical is modified

Carol, just to add another voice to the chorus, I'm glad you're back.

To echo your collet adapter warning, I once had a 1/4" upcut spiral pull right through a completed [after the dovetails were cut] drawer face. Had my finger been where it came through, it would've gone through that too.

Carol, just to add another voice to the chorus, I'm glad you're back.

To echo your collet adapter warning, I once had a 1/4" upcut spiral pull right through a completed [after the dovetails were cut] drawer face. Had my finger been where it came through, it would've gone through that too.

ok between yu and carol i think i get the drift,, but here is the main question,, are you folks saying that you dont want to put in that litte piec that allows a 1/2" collet to fit either a 1/4" bit or a 8mm bit? and if so didnt know that Porter cable made specific collets that screw on there machine to accept the differnt sized bits..and i have been lucky havnt had any trouble that way on small shanked bits but did on a 1/2" shank bit that i had to reall ref down to get it to hold.. so as a end result here i need links to the safer collets on the PC and a hitachi m12v.. thanks for the info carol..

Larry the collet adapter I used was on a Hitachi TR12, going from 1/2" to 1/4". What I found was that the 1/2" collet had one slit in it. The adapter also had 1 slit in it. I had to line the 2 slits up just right, and them I didn't have a bit move, but after that first time, I was always nervous. It was too much trouble for me to always have to line them up like that.

...i need links to the safer collets on the PC and a hitachi m12v.. thanks for the info carol..

Hartville (at least the store - not sure about mail order) and Highland both have the P-C collets. I got both the 8mm and the 3/8" ones. Cost was around $12.00 each, if I recall.

As for the Hitachi, I've never seen accessory collets for an M12V. If they're out there, I'd sure be interested in getting them!