I count 4, but I'm not very good at those fine detail tests where you look for what's missing in the picture.....I usually fail those.... :eek:

well cynthia,, yu passed this one in flying colors,, your gonna make a the grade as a woodworker yet:)

steve i am sorry,, its just some scrap that i had layun around and jonathon wouldnt take it home the last time he was up here:) so i cut it up into smaller chunks and am heating the house with it now..sorted out few pieces that yu saw there:)

well cynthia,, yu passed this one in flying colors,, your gonna make a the grade as a woodworker yet:)

steve i am sorry,, its just some scrap that i had layun around and jonathon wouldnt take it home the last time he was up here:) so i cut it up into smaller chunks and am heating the house with it now..sorted out few pieces that yu saw there:)

yea right.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So...essentially the opposite of Larry, huh? :rofl:

Now that's just ugly. You need to get that out of your shop and send it to me. I'll throw it away for you:rofl::rofl:

hey vaughn iffun yu wernt a celbrateee, i would return the favor yu gave me but ceeun as how yu are i will reframe frum sayin any dogratory coments:)

and bob, i brought yu some the other day didnt yu find it layun there:)

Man those are going to make some great cutting boards Larry:D:D

Cutting boards with that wood Steve that is a major sin.

That wood is so exciting to see Larry dont know about Jonathan i guess he needs new glasses if he left that behind.

You sure got some fine wood. You just reminded me to get off my but and finish Loml jewelry box.:eek:

Hey Candy Man. After looking at the quality of your flat work up close and personal, I can see why you're reluctant to jump into turning. It has taken years to get to that level of quality.

Don't get much better'n that. Yer amazin'.

Bruce

Design question

ok it has been brought to my attention, that the direction of the panels may be in the wrong configuration. so i have done some research and asked some others there thoughts..
so now i ask yu the forum whats your answer to the direction of the panels..
this was given to me as a refernce pic
View attachment Project1_crotch.pdf
and was in a article by a respected cabinet maker..
also i was given this link to go look at the way they see things should be,
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?143307-Raised-panel-doors&p=1456818#post1456818

now i ask yu,, and i want your real thoughts not a politcal correct one the truth be it agreeing with me or not!!!
which way is right!!! i have the crotch points towards the top of the panel. so if you look at the previous pics you will see a inverted v.. once again tell what yu think and why yu see it as you do.. this is a learning expeirnce for us all:)

I am no cabinet maker, I only know what I like... from what I can tell of the pics you have the panels all the way I would put them if I were building something.... except the pic of the purty panel which I would invert... purely based upon my taste and the fact that if you turn it the other way round it reminds me of a filled cup, and everyone knows a full cup is better! (well... usually)

Couldn't open the pdf file. Wouldn't visit the other site. So went back and looked at the pictures in page two and three. Some grain patterns look to me like a belfry (sp?) (ie, belltower) on a church. A spire I think it is called. Anyway, I like those pointed up. But on your pieces I don't think that is relevant as there is so much figure and it is bookmatched. What I was thinking of was for one panel type situations in many doors or even one door. Upon completion of the project, whichever way suits you will create such an eye popping experience for the viewer, we won't care if it could have been different (and if they do, tell them to go make their own!).

Oh and as to leaving that piece in the burn pile, there was so much there. So much great stuff there. That might have gotten left behind, but you found it!! My little ole band saw wouldn't/couldn't resaw anything that size.

I am no cabinet maker, I only know what I like... from what I can tell of the pics you have the panels all the way I would put them if I were building something.... except the pic of the purty panel which I would invert... purely based upon my taste and the fact that if you turn it the other way round it reminds me of a filled cup, and everyone knows a full cup is better! (well... usually)

ok kalea, if the purty one needs to go with the other ned up then the other side should as well..take a look at the other one and see if yu agree:D:thumb:

so yu mean like this then:)tn_purty panel-revrsd.jpg

Last edited: