sorry, last time Ill ask

allen levine

I have shelves full of shorts, cutoffs, strips, 10 different species.
The pictures only show some of it. I have chunks of ash, white oak, pieces scattered through the wood piles. ON the orange drywall cart, the 4 foot long pieces in the back with blue on some of them, thats ash, all badly sliced by me, can get 1/2 inch out of it, some 3/4 inch.
Anyone wants any of this for boxes, boards, firewood, please contact me immediately because I can no longer store it and its gotta go, either into trash or someones fireplace.
If I had time, Id make a dozen cutting boards out of it to use it up, but Im trying to get going on some other projects, and this stuff is going.

Its all anyones for the taking, just pm me and say, hey, Ill be by south nassau county next week, Ill take a few box fulls, and Ill hold it for you.

I do not look at this as giving away trash. There is plenty of mahogany, some cherry, white oak, hard maple, sapele, mixed in wide enough and long enough to make a number of boxes or boards or spin bottle toppers or whatever.
Thats a chunk of 3 inch thick 13 inch wide white oak, around 16 inches long next to the cart. I have alot of chunks of ash and oak laying around.

Attachments

• bed 093 (Medium).jpg
    bed 093 (Medium).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 32
  • bed 094 (Medium).jpg
    bed 094 (Medium).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 29
  • bed 095 (Medium).jpg
    bed 095 (Medium).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 32
Allen,

You just need a lathe! Looking at all those, I see pens, segmented bowls, goblets, birdhouses...

There's tons of stuff in that there wood... ;)

Like they say, scrap is in the eye of the beholder... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I have a beautiful variable speed lathe. Larry says I shouldnt use it.
I took 2 long pieces of thick maple and suspended them between 2 studs in my little shed and piled all the shorts on there, so theyll be around till someone around me needs kindling.