Thread: Flat, lathe, gravity, rolling, mechanical movements

Flat, lathe, gravity, rolling, mechanical movements

CJ and I are big on looking at marble thingy mah jigs. Saw these three and we keep going back and watching them. They are amazing and might be on our list someday as he gets older. A lot worse things can be built or done with time. I found them very interesting and there is a little flat and round work in them. CJ (who is sleeping at this time) and I are posting them for your entertainment pleasure. We can share even with grandma from time to time!!

Shew, about screwed that up looking for the address. Clicked on it and it started loading and the sounds started and he rolled over and his eyes fluttered open! Got it silenced! Okay, here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26EE3jG5thM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z2A6qJyURY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_qACf1oP-o

Gadgets like this are very interesting as the people that build them tend to be. Hope you enjoyed them. CJ and I do nightly!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Those are amazing. Hope I have time some day to do something like that too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Those have always caught my attention. They would be fun to build. The grandkids would love them
    Faith, Hope & Charity

nifty stuff! Not wood working but still awesome for those out there with kids that like to build, engineer and think outside the box check out a program called First Lego League

Here are some videos from past challenges

This was a team that beat us out at the state level... they are pretty amazing
    2010 challenge perfect score
    2009 challenge perfect score
    2008 challenge perfect score

There is a lot more to it than this "table challenge" section but I think this is the part kids probably enjoy the most.
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

I Think it is great that the kids are there and enjoying themselves. Beats the heck out of sitting at home with an X-Box.

This type of event teaches so many life lessons that it would take a whole thread to list them.

VERY well done guys

Well at least we all now know where John & Kalea lost their marbles.

It looks like it was fun doing it too.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Bart.... you don't know the half of it LOL
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, KaLea has my cat's eye!!!???!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING