Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new issue

new issue

I don't post much anymore, but a moment ago I did a reply to a thread then when I hit the "new posts" button I got the following page. I did a number of refresh clicks and back buttons but still came up with the following page. I finally had to open a new window all together to get into the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones View Post
    I don't post much anymore, but a moment ago I did a reply to a thread then when I hit the "new posts" button I got the following page. I did a number of refresh clicks and back buttons but still came up with the following page. I finally had to open a new window all together to get into the forum.
    Same here. I waited and re-opened from an email message.
    All the best,
    Ian G

**Now holding auditions for a catchy new signature**

I think the problem is intermittent. I got it both before and after you posted your message. I haven't opened any new browser windows, just refreshed.

got it as well. Thought maybe we needed to upgrade....

Ditto. Wasshappenin' ?

I'm having a look into it now.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

- Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Ok folks, it seems that we were indeed using excessive amounts of CPU, due to the size and condition of our database. I just optimized our database, which should help the problem. If it doesn't, I'll have to take more drastic measures, but those measures will have to be performed during the middle of the night or something, since I'll have to take the site down to perform them. Let's hope that's not necessary.

In the interim, I'm heading back out to get back to laying flooring. If anyone gets those same error messages, please update this thread, and please include the time you got the message. No need for a screen print showing the message, just a quick-n-dirty post with time recieved.

(By the way, I only need a general idea of when the problem occurs, so if someone already posted that they got the error msg, and you got it a few minutes later, no need for the duplicate posts. Thanks...)

Thanks for your patience...and again, sorry for the inconvenience.

- Marty -

P.S. For all you non-computer folks...We were trying to cram ten pounds of potatos into a five pound sack. The extra effort to cram them in was using too much computer power on our host, so they throttled us back to keep us from making their computer glow red-hot.

I've increased the size of the sack, and tossed out a few potatos.
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Steve Clardy Guest
    I got a email from Mike W. wondering what wuz up. He got the same screen.
    I haven't got it [yet]

I don't recall when it was, but earlier today I had a couple of times when I pinged out, didn't get that error msg, but did have a problem connecting. It was between shoveling bouts, but If it continues I'll chime in.
    -Ned

FYI Marty, I got the error message today at about 3:45 Pacific time. Got the same trying to open the Admin CP, too. It's sounding like it might be tune-up time. I think moving the pics to the file system might be a good start, as will be rebuilding the index.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com