Introducing the "Telecrapper"

scott spencer

Telecrapper, "Johnny" Rocker, Stratocrapper, crappocaster, Terlitnator, fannypack, the Eric Crapton signature, Thunder Wunder, ....what should we call this thing?!

"Mums" the word though, because it's a Christmas gift for my younger kids. They watched me build a real guitar for their older brother last summer, and made several comments about wanting a guitar too. The problem is that none of them play, so it's hard to justify the time and money of building a nice guitar...the Telecrapper was just the ticket. Guitar builds don't get much simpler than this....one pickup wired straight to a jack. We had the neck, the pickup, and saddle already, so I only had to buy the tuning pegs, toilet seat, strings, and jack cover. I've probably got 4 hours and ~ $40 into it. I just got it strung and fired up this morning, and it seems to work fine. It's a far cry for fine woodworking, but hopefully they will all have a good time with this.

Whatever you want to call it, I'd think twice about doing guitar licks on this thing! :rofl:

terlit012.jpg

terlit013.jpg

terlit015.jpg
terlit014.jpg

I like it, Scott. Ingenious use of the inside-out jack plate. :thumb: That's some fine wiring work there too, Jackson. Of course it's common knowledge that red wire is the loudest. :rofl:

I'm sure the kids will have a blast* with it.

* No, not that kind of blast...the other kind. I am not making a toilet joke here, you guys. :p

Ingenious indeed!:thumb:

I can think of a lot of "professional" musicians that should be playing that guitar!