You Have Only 1 Day Left

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
John Daugherty's recent post showing his latest birdhouse ornaments reminded me...

There is only 1 day left to get me photos of your entry into the 2010 FW Birdhouse Ornament contest. We have a few entrants, but it's not exactly what I'd call a crowded field of contenders.

So c'mon folks...put down that eggnog and get busy sending me photos of your birdhouse ornament entries by December 20. They can be round, square, triangular, elliptical, whatever shape you want. As long as it can pass for a birdhouse ornament, it's all good. E-mail your entries to the address listed in my user profile. :wave:

Phew just made it under the wire. Mine is on its way to you Vaughn. Had a darn time trying to catch a bird in my backyard with all the snow.:rofl:

Gonna try for another if time permits.

Come of flatlanders there is no excuse for not entering. Remember its not whether you win or loose but just that you played the game.;):thumb:

Thanks Vaughn for all the reminders and admin.:thumb:

I'm accepting entries until 12:00 midnight tonight California time, so there's still time for all you procrastinators to go out in the shop and make a birdhouse or two. Despite what looked like some initial interest, so far there are no entries by any of the flatworkers. I'm guessing it'd be pretty easy to win the non-turned birdhouse category at this rate.

If I had a few Popsicle sticks handy, I'd go out to the shop right now and make a square birdhouse just to show you all it can be done. :p Well, that, and the fact that I'd be a shoe-in for the Grand Prize in the Flatwork category...a photo of a Sawstop 5HP Industrial Cabinet Saw. :woohoo: