Doll Bunk Bed for Granddaughter

Bryan Cowing

Having two grand kids into American girl dolls, requests for real furniture to play with again for Christmas this year. One asked "for bunk beds, cause I have two dollies", :rofl: Found this free cad plan for the headboard online, woodworkers workshop .:thumb: A few construction pics.
IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

Looks great Bryan. :thumb: I checked on the Webshots site, but it didn't look like you had any additional pics up there yet.

Looks great Bryan. :thumb: I checked on the Webshots site, but it didn't look like you had any additional pics up there yet.
I have a few other construction pics, but using some 3 yr old air dried ash at 12%. One headboard split open on the glue line, and fearing separation of other parts after finishing, I started over with dry walnut I have had for 18 months.
IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG

How thick are those Leg posts?

The side rails seem a bit out of place... Have you considered adding a curve to the top of them? (ie: full thickness at the ends, curve it down 1/3-1/2 at the middle) Or will it be totally covered by bedclothes so it doesn't matter?

How thick are those Leg posts?

The side rails seem a bit out of place... Have you considered adding a curve to the top of them? (ie: full thickness at the ends, curve it down 1/3-1/2 at the middle) Or will it be totally covered by bedclothes so it doesn't matter?
Plan only had the head board, so I'm on my own for the side rails. I made up the sides at 3/4x3. approx 1.5 " will be a mattress and support, I could reduce it. I will go make a test piece and see what it looks like.

Thanks Guys! 2 of our Kids & their families are coming this Sunday . That means up to 7 girls in the house, mostly teenagers now except for the 8 & 9 yr olds that get the beds. Got some sewing done, pillows, mattress's, cut up non woven fabric for blankets. Also got the crib linens done too! A few pics of Swmbo and I with the bunk bed. I think she's planing on getting fabric for a bed skirt for the crib:huh:. Because the internet store crib had a skirt, our Daughter and Swmbo think I should make something up.:(
IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3639.JPG

IMG_3650.JPG