Another "Not exactly fine woodworking" thread

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Both our preschool and Sunday school programs needed a stable for this year's programs, so, who'd they call? :D

Made from 2x' and some left over T&G pine from the chapel ceiling renovation in 2005, its 5' wide, and about 2 1/2' deep and a little under 4' tall. The top keys into two dowels in the front facia to hold everything together. The top lifts off and the two sides are hinged to fold across the back so everything can be stored against the wall.

Already have an order to build a similar unit for someone's front lawn! Not the intended purpose, but...:dunno::rofl::rofl:

DSC_0021 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0022 (800 x 531).jpgDSC_0031 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited:
Meh, it just looks like someone just slapped together some 2 bys and some leftover T&G. Too short and the roof's not even level. :rolleyes:

There...ya feel better? :rofl:

I think it looks great, Rennie. It may not seem very "fine" to you, but I wish I could slap together 2 bys and T&G and have it look that nice. :clap:

Vaughn, I know precisely two people who use the word "meh" - you, and my 21 year old son. what does this say about your maturity?

I dunno, something good. ;)

Well, what ol' Ben would say is:

"you're only young once, but you can be immature indefinitely"

Vaughn, you're doing a great job of not growing up. Hats off to you.:thumb:

Rennie, sorry for the hijack. [I'll try to behave, if my inner child lets me.]

Hey Rennie, you can always offer to store the manger for the year. I'm thinking a couple of doors and a place to keep the lawn mower. :D

Looks like a craftsman built that. St. Joseph would be proud of you!