Suggestions for those selling at craft fairs, etc.

I've been spending some time lately on "Etsy" Christmas shopping. If anyone doesn't know what that is, it's probably the best known website where people can set up little internet shops to sell (or buy) handcrafted items. http://www.etsy.com

I wanted to suggest to those of you who go to fairs and such to sell items that you consider making and selling some wood hair accessories. Here's is an example. Barrettes and hair sticks and such are small, and I'm sure you would sell lots of them.....and they'd be great for using little bits of leftover wood......

I hope this helps,

I wanted to suggest to those of you who go to fairs and such to sell items that you consider making and selling some wood hair accessories. Here's is an example. Barrettes and hair sticks and such are small, and I'm sure you would sell lots of them.....and they'd be great for using little bits of leftover wood......

I hope this helps,

They may be small, but it took some real skill to make. They have a beautiful form to them. He is a real artist and I am...not. :rofl:

I think I will stick to butchering bigger things.:D

Back in the day.... When I was teaching 7th graders in WWing, We had access to an abundance of veneers (veneer mill down the road) One of the first projects was to cut a form sand and polish to shape layers of veneer to form many such devices. Excellant project and the kids really enjoyed doing it. In the 70s so almost anything goes in design, some almost exactly as pictured. LOML still has a few and they are just as they were back then... Consider the veneer lamination process as well. :thumb:

Just saying... :wave:

Bill, the veneer lamination sounds like a great idea. It would make for stronger material (assuming the grain directions were alternated) and it'd be especially handy for doing some of the curved shapes like barrettes.

Now, them's fighting words. Made the mistake years ago of getting an American Express second card for Brent. Apparently I just bought the shelving system for our Bunk Room, and I wasn't even there at the time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But that was not bought at a craft fair :thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill, the veneer lamination sounds like a great idea. It would make for stronger material (assuming the grain directions were alternated) and it'd be especially handy for doing some of the curved shapes like barrettes.

Actually the alternating grain is not necessary (will look too much like Plywood) simply a slight zigzag (5 - 10 degrees) of the layers will provide the strength an still appear to be solid wood.