Total Lunar Eclipse Coming on Dec. 20-21

I'm hoping for a clear day. Been working on my solar observatory to replace the front lawn. I've got the autumnal solstice marked out. I'll be marking the equinox next...

I'm hoping for a clear day. Been working on my solar observatory to replace the front lawn. I've got the autumnal solstice marked out. I'll be marking the equinox next...

Egads, I thought my project list was long! You got new a table, storage shed, shelving, a few (maybe more) that I have forgotten (help me here Sharon) and now:

Brenthenge

brenthenge.gif

:)

Egads, I thought my project list was long! You got new a table, storage shed, shelving, a few (maybe more) that I have forgotten (help me here Sharon) and now:

Brenthenge

View attachment 52389

We're going to our useless triangular lawn in to a labyrinth. Your suggestion is a good start :rofl::rofl: (we were thinking a round thingy and using the remaining sub-triangles as specific garden areas. Right now, all we have is a center pole and the summer solstice marker.

Brenthenge

View attachment 52389

Bill did you know theres a replica of stonehenge in southern Wash State. I was driving from Portland to the tri-cities one time and saw a sign for it so I drove over and looked at it, kinda neat. Here some info if anyone is interested.
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/wa-stonehenge.html

Bill did you know theres a replica of stonehenge in southern Wash State. I was driving from Portland to the tri-cities one time and saw a sign for it so I drove over and looked at it, kinda neat. Here some info if anyone is interested.
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/wa-stonehenge.html
Been there a few times - very interesting. It is a full scale model if I remember correctly. I was surprised at how small it is as the pictures from Salisbury make it look larger.

Brenthenge... Hmm, That has a definite ring to it! I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use for the markers. I was leaning toward a pylon/pillar in the middle, and a few low markers in a ring around that.

And then we would put in a meditiation maze with some benches, or interesting things here and there to look at... Very long term project, but I do like marking the sunsets for now. So far just a tube stuck in the ground and stakes to mark the positions...

Brenthenge... Hmm, That has a definite ring to it! I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use for the markers. I was leaning toward a pylon/pillar in the middle, and a few low markers in a ring around that.

And then we would put in a meditiation maze with some benches, or interesting things here and there to look at... Very long term project, but I do like marking the sunsets for now. So far just a tube stuck in the ground and stakes to mark the positions...

Hmmmmm, bit of a surprise that I married a hippie :eek::eek:

Hmmmmm, bit of a surprise that I married a hippie :eek::eek:

Well, Tired of growing grass in a desert, so need to do something creative with the space... Not that big of a stretch considering I'm into all things weather and astronomical...

A little strange ;) but awesome :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Strange is good!

Now Sharon just needs to start a thread with suggestions for how to actuall go about the project....

Thinking of doing some sort of a concrete casting for the pylon. Probably be a bit bigger project than the counter top I made, but not all that dissimilar.

I'm thinking it would be probably 6' tall? And then I'll pour concrete footer for it to sit on and have some sort of method to link the two...

So here's what we are dealing with. The nice thing is that the bottom point of the triangle is pretty much southwest facing, so there's a great shot of the sunset off to the left in the picture...

Pumping enough water to keep the grass green is just ridiculous, so we need to do something, anything else with it, except let it turn into sagebrush and weeds....

attachment.php

Attachments

• yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 42