For the Pickers, Grinners, and Other Musically Inclined Folks

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to do a little promotion for something that I think is a lot of fun.

It's called the RPM Challenge, and happens every February. One of my college buddies got me involved a few years ago and it's just a great thing to do to keep your creativity running.

I mean really, as we get older, sometimes it's easy to let that drive to create music and write songs slide to the side as other things take priority. The RPM Challenge is all about using the time in the shortest month of the year to create a album from scratch! Yes, you got that right, they want you to write, record, and post an album in one short little month. It's not a competition, it's not necessarily about doing great work. It's about forcing yourself to get in touch with your musically creative side and put together an album of music in one month! That's 10 songs or 35 minutes of material.

http://rpmchallenge.com/

So what have you got to lose? Pull out your old 4 track, your guitar, your banjo, or your harmonica and just see what you can do to stimulate the old creativity sector of your brain....

Check it out, Check it outers....

Oh I should so show off my singing talent. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Keep in mind Brent if they find out that you where the one that got me to post they would hunt you down and drag you here behind a truck. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trust me. Go to the site and listen to some of the submissions and you will feel much better about your own talent.... Like I said, it's not about skill, or a competition, but just encouraging people to be creative.

Some of those people shouldn't be encouraged though... And I probably fit into that category! :rofl:

I'm supposing this isn't to make money, although I could probably get rich this way.... I am sure most people would pay big dollars to me ---- to not sing.

When my 38 year old son was a mere lad of 10, I took him to church and during one of the songs I got a sharp elbow to the ribs and this stage whisper (naturally heard all over the church) "Dad, Dad, don't sing.... you sound terrible"....:rofl::rofl::rofl: