Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi folks, glad to be here!

Smile Hi folks, glad to be here!

Hi all,

Just joined up yesterday. I found out about the site through a post by Jeff Horton on Woodnet. I got into woodworking when I decided I couldn't afford to replace my kitchen cabinets. I re-finished the uppers, rebuilt the lowers, replaced the particle-board with plywood, added pullouts, etc. Now I am designing an island that my wife has asked for. I also want to get into furniture when the kitchen is done.

And yes, I admit to being a bit of a tool collector, but I use almost all of them, and when I get my workbench built will use the rest (some hand planes, etc.). My latest acquisition was a 1950-ish Craftsman drill press that I picked up after reading about Jeff's rebuild

When not trying to work wood I am an un-employed tech worker, ride both road and mountain bikes, and spend time with my wife.

See you in the garage - er shop!

Carl
    Last edited by Carl Goreth; 11-13-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: just testing something

hi carl!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Carl

Welcome to the Family -- kitchen remodels are fun! But................ we want pics

Jay

Ah yes, pictures - well, it's not done yet - been a long project because I'm pretty slow. I did manage to do all the major work with it being out of commission (ie. no sink or dishwasher) only 4 days as I did it in stages. I'll see if I can find the before pics and take some current ones.

Carl

Hi Carl,
    Welcome to this Family.
    You are welcome with or without pictures it is just that some of the kids love photos, they can read but they like to look at the pictures Thanks for the intro and join in like you owned the place, actually, you do!
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Steve Clardy Guest

Hi Carl, and welcome to the clubhouse. When I helped you set up your account, I had second thoughts, but then I decided not to hold your acquaintence with Jeff Horton against you. Plus, I figured if we let me in, we should let you in.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Welcome Carl!

So your marrige has survived the kitchen reno? Lots don't, so you must be doing something right!

and like Vaughn says, we won't hold the "Jeff" thing against you...........especially if we see pics of the old iron C-man drill press

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Welcome Carl!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Schaubhut View Post
    some of the kids love photos, they can read but they like to look at the pictures Shaz
    Shaz,
    I like the pictures so I can steal ideas!

Hi Carl! Welcome

DT