New location?

IMHO, Utah is truly the most beautiful state in the union in terms of sheer natural beauty. I am aghast every time I visit the beautifully colored mountains and canyons. Takes my breath away. Just glad I'm right next door.

Utah is beautiful. I used to travel there every other month to visit customers and ride with their salesmen. I was always in awe of the diversity of the beauty. I saw the space shuttle engines being tested one day. Don't remember the town but we were on a hill overlooking the site. Somewhere northeast of SLC I think. It was a thrill.

More states I'd consider living in if I had to are Montana and North Dakota. Move over Carol. Northern Arizona took my breath away also.:D

One thing for sure, if a person cannot find a place they would like with all the extras they would like out of the 50 states then i dunno maybe they set for Siberia.:rofl:

Roger aint your Syracuse in Tornado alley though.?:( Thats one thing i dont fancy having to deal with.

Darren didnt you move directly into the heart of it.

And being a cowboy i always liked the idea of Texas but that too is in tornado alley.:D

Vaughn I am gonna guess those pics are Arizona.:D

Gotta say the one with the brush in could also pass for a place just north of Cape Town in South Africa called the great Karoo. Sheep farming country.

Duhhh...California. That's why it broke my heart to have to leave...

Bzzzzt! Sorry, but no. (And heck, you're close enough to visit California pretty easily.)

...Vaughn I am gonna guess those pics are Arizona.:D...

The first three are in Arizona, the last three are in Oregon. :p You can see sights like all of the pics in several states...AZ, OR, NM, CO, UT, CA, NV, WY, just to name a few.

I spent a couple of summers in the White Mountains of Arizona. It's beautiful country. One of those summers I was working on a job between 8500' and 10,000' in elevation, so I still wore a down jacket many mornings. A down jacket in July is not something most folks would associate with southeastern Arizona. :D

True, I researched the first picture and found it to be AZ. Other than the ocean, you can find similar lands in most of the western states. Maybe that's why us Westerners, think the west is the best :thumb::thumb:

Vaughn - I learned to ski in the White Mountains of AZ...long before the tourists discovered it. Very beautiful.

I did a job for 6 months in Seattle. It doesn't rain all the time but, it does seem to rain some EVERY DAY.

Apparently it's a little known fact but there are places within western Washington (and within a stone's throw of the Puget Sound) that classify as a desert. However, they also happen to be heavily forested and green. Go figure.

For what it's worth, the location that Bill recommended (Port Townsend) averages around 19" per year of precipitation.

How about southern Indiana. You could have a cool return address, Santa Claus. Seriously, I don't know where else I would go.

Rob, don't fear the tornados, become one with them.

...Vaughn - I learned to ski in the White Mountains of AZ...long before the tourists discovered it. Very beautiful.

It was still relatively undeveloped tourist-wise when I was there in the mid-'80s. I was an inspector on the Day Lodge at the top of Apache Peak, and also did some work down in White River on some BIA housing. The first summer I stayed in Pinetop, and the second one in Hon-Dah. Looking at Google Maps these days, I barely recognize the area.

The year I lived in Tucson... I found out you could ski just outside of town.. on Mt. Lemon... some one told me that Tucson gets 6" rain per year... usually on Thursday between noon and 1 pm in July.... :rofl:

I loved Tucson, but couldn't afford the beauty... you could get a really nice little $100K home there for a mere $400K... I was the international ocean freight manager for a company there... I think someone believed the old story that Tucson was going to become beach front property and would have an ocean port when the San Andreas fault slipped California into the Pacific. :rofl:

Rob,

Yes I'm in tornado alley, but my house hasn't moved in 110 years. Guess it's either safe or due for a change.:dunno: Only thing I can say about weather:
1. We're gonna have some.
2. Can't do anything about it.

:D

Rob,

Yes I'm in tornado alley, but my house hasn't moved in 110 years. Guess it's either safe or due for a change.:dunno: Only thing I can say about weather:
1. We're gonna have some.
2. Can't do anything about it.

:D

And you know tornadoes are very fickle... I grew up in east Texas and we had some around our part of the country.... at the risk of being accused of a tall tale, there was a farm house in my county that sits on a farm to market road... it faces a field that had a bunch of wild plum trees... a tornado came across that field, broke off a swath through that plum thicket... it crossed the road, then went between the house and the garage, which are about 30 feet apart... didn't touch the house, took the inside corner of the garage roof off.

I'd guess before any choice is made, I should see more of what's out there. I always wanted to see more of the world, after Haiti, I've seen enough. But every state has some fun, unique thing about it that makes it worth a stop. I really want an RV...perfect expression of freedom:thumb:

I'd guess before any choice is made, I should see more of what's out there. I always wanted to see more of the world, after Haiti, I've seen enough. But every state has some fun, unique thing about it that makes it worth a stop. I really want an RV...perfect expression of freedom:thumb:

Jim, I have seen much of the east coast. When I was in my late teens early twentyies I had a job slingeing pig iron and hussling peeps out of money along with other things that wont be mentioned here. Anyway, We traveled from Main to florida and up into canada for a gig. We got to see some intresting places along the way. Can you guess what I was?:)

Jim, I have seen much of the east coast. When I was in my late teens early twentyies I had a job slingeing pig iron and hussling peeps out of money along with other things that wont be mentioned here. Anyway, We traveled from Main to florida and up into canada for a gig. We got to see some intresting places along the way. Can you guess what I was?:)

sounds like a Carnie. :thumb:

Well know its looking like if I do move it will only be about a 45 minute south. Just when am ready to move out of state I meet a girl that can tolerate me:). So it looks like moving of the table. :wave:

(LOML would rule out that area because she hates rain, and thinks it rains there 356 days a year.)

Hey now, it only rains here 355 days of the year. Sun is still on the endangered species list but we're working on figuring out how to get some of those wind turbine things to blow the rain somewhere else (instead of just generating electricity).

I have lived in CA, ND, MT, UT, AK, WA and been to 26 of the states. Love lots of things about them all. If I could I would have a house here in WA and also a house in AK (anchorage). Just can't stand the heat. If it gets over 70 I'm stuffing ice down my shirt.:D