Grizzly riser kit

Chuck Ellis

I may have already asked this question... if so I've forgotten...

I have a Delta 14" bandsaw and would like to put a riser kit on it... I looked at the Grizzly kit and it's about $40-$50 less than the kit they're selling for the Delta... does any one know if it will fit... the kits and the saws look almost identical in the pictures.

Can't help. But you have embarrassed me by reminding me that my Griz riser kit still sets on the floor in box waiting to be installed. El Cheapo me doesn't want to discard or give away a bunch of good blades and have to buy a bunch all new in the longer size.
Just a guess, don't sue me if it is wrong :rolleyes:......I have a feeling it will fit. Hope someone who has tried will help you with this.

I think you'll like it though. I got the riser at the same time I got my delta and haven't ever used it without the riser. I do like the extra height...

Chuck which specific delta 14" model do you have?

Here is a link to the pdf manual and exploded view parts list for the riser kit. Its the same for all the delta 14 inch units. Remember you will need 104" blades after you upgrade. Its pretty basic to do.

If you going to do it get the upgraded tension spring and if i have you correct you a spinny guy then get the ceramic blade guide blocks they much better for resawing wet wood from what i see.

Last edited:
Oooops yup my apologies its my typing and dyslexia getting in the way. :D Thanks for picking that up i would hate to have passed on an error like that.:thumb: And to think i read that.:eek:

Doesn't look like it's a direct fit, have to drill some holes and such...but here's a walk through if you still want to do it...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthr...ck-on-a-14-inch-Delta-bandsaw&referrerid=5960

Thanks Darren, that look interesting... I've copied the write up and saved it for future if I go this route.

Chuck which specific delta 14" model do you have?

Here is a link to the pdf manual and exploded view parts list for the riser kit. Its the same for all the delta 14 inch units. Remember you will need 104" blades after you upgrade. Its pretty basic to do.

If you going to do it get the upgraded tension spring and if i have you correct you a spinny guy then get the ceramic blade guide blocks they much better for resawing wet wood from what i see.

Rob,
According to my manual I have the 28-276 model... and you're right... the extra height would be handy for cutting bowl blanks and such.

delta riser kit update.

I keep going back to look at the pictures of the Grizzly riser vs the Delta riser... from what I see, the pin pattern is off, but everything else seems the same... I did note on the Delta riser a notation that says "for use with the Delta 14" band saw only"... or something to that effect... which means to me that likely they have a proprietary pin pattern that's close, but not exact as the Grizzly, otherwise, I think they are the same basic design... by spending a little time with the modification, I can probably save about $80... based on the sale price of the Delta riser....($149 on sale vs $69 for the Grizzly)

Thanks for all the in put... it's been helpful.:thumb: