It' snot a ceiling leak

allen levine

I havent been using the new saw much due to cold weather the past month or so, but each time I start it up and about to cut, I noticed a small area, maybe the size of a dime, of what looks like rust on the surface of the saw a couple of inches left of the blade near the front edge of the table.
I didnt dwell on it too much, just took a bit of wd40 and it cleaned off.
But after the third time, I figured there has to be a leak above it somewhere because I made sure no water or liquid was near it after the second time.
I took out my ladder, took my 2 million candle power humongous flashlight(never knew why I bought it, just seemed like a good idea at the time), and shined it at the roof of the garage up around where the saw sits below.
I know it hasnt rained in a while, but figured, hey, maybe theres a wet spot and the wood lets the rain drip slowly. I dont know, but that was my first thought.
No leak, but finding the spot today on the saw really bugged me.

I was cutting dado's before and my wife came home for lunch, and told me get inside, its too cold to be working out there. I told her nonsense, I have a tiny heater and in the garage theres no wind(brutal wind chills today)
Then she said, stop being stubborn, even your nose is dripping, whats wrong with you!(not a question, more of a statement she was making)
Yep, my dripping nose in the cold weather was hitting the rust spot.
At least she solved that mystery.

All kidding aside though try laying a piece of paper there that will distort some if a drop of water gets on it. If you see a water stain on the paper maybe some condensation forming on something and it's dripping.:wave:

alan, it had to be my dripping nose, it was hitting that spot everytime I pushed through a board and leaned a bit foward, the exact spot.

Allen,
Grow a big bushy mustache... it slows down the drips.... the hairs diffuse the flow and you can just suck it out later....Why do you think so many of our wood workers have mustaches and beards?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Allen,
Grow a big bushy mustache... it slows down the drips.... the hairs diffuse the flow and you can just suck it out later....Why do you think so many of our wood workers have mustaches and beards?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And it's very beneficial in the colder months for working in the shop!

It's a pity you didn't join the beard growing contest Allen! :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, yuck icky poo, Chuck! Barf, hack, cough, spit! :eek: :eek:

I'm never kissing a guy with a mustache again! :doh: That leaves a lot of guys out, and of course, all the women (even if you're in the beard contest!). My mistletoe this year is gonna be pretty limp from neglect.

Darn.

Last edited:
Allen,

I thought you guys just would rather spend money of planer or jointer blades than on razor blades.
btw, I spent 58 dollars, yes, 58 dollars yesterday from the only store who had the 735 blades. I looked online and see they are around 50, but to me this is still very expensive. I dont see a reason why I cant go to the blade sharpening guy and see if he thinks he can sharpen the old blades enough to get out a few nicks.