It's trip time

I will be taking Jacob out to Ames Iowa for college. I planning on this trip taking a little more time then driving out dropping off and driving back.

So who is in the path of BIG WHITE ? I would like to get to meet some of you guys.
Larry How far are you off the beaten path.

If your coming across on the I-80/90 toll road Larry is about an hour north of that in south west Michigan, and if your in the area I am 13 miles from Larry. If it would work out I would like the opportunity of a meet and great:D:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Sure, I would like to meet you Dave. I am a little west of Larry and Tom. Vaughn is just a little south of me and I am sure he would like to see you too! Of course between me and Vaughn is Brent and Sharon. You would have to stop and see them.

If you're coming up 70/76, exit 218 off the Ohio turnpike is about five miles from my house.

If you're coming across I-80, then I'm about two miles off exit 223, and you're only about five miles away from getting onto the Ohio turnpike.

We'll be around most of the time. PM me for a phone number, and better directions.

I can handle an hour off the beaten trail. Maybe even get Larry off his duff and make the trip over to you.

If your coming across on the I-80/90 toll road Larry is about an hour north of that in south west Michigan, and if your in the area I am 13 miles from Larry. If it would work out I would like the opportunity of a meet and great:D:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Sounds great Jim, I think my trip is turning into a vacation of sorts.

If you're coming up 70/76, exit 218 off the Ohio turnpike is about five miles from my house.

If you're coming across I-80, then I'm about two miles off exit 223, and you're only about five miles away from getting onto the Ohio turnpike.

We'll be around most of the time. PM me for a phone number, and better directions.

Steve I would like nothing better then to make the effort to drop in. Maybe shoot a few yotes also LOL
Last night I was talking to the wife about maybe letting Jake fly but she put the nicks to that with all the junk he has to take out. So in my mind she said : you go ahead honey and have your road trip. :rofl:
Bill and Vaughn man I wish I had the time for a cross country trip.:thumb: I can hear the old tune; California is the place you ought to be , so I they loaded up the truck and .................

If you are taking I-64 I ain't far off of it.

Sounds great Jim, I think my trip is turning into a vacation of sorts.

BTW, Dave,
When is this trip happening?

If you're making good time, it'll take you about five hours from DC area to here, and about another five hours to Larry's.

Looking forward to "meetin' & greetin'."

Last edited:
Dave do you have an idea when you will be in leaving Ames? If you come west on I80 and then north on I 35 to Ames there is a Bass Pro shop on I 80 before you get to I 35. I would like to meet you and that may be a good place. I know that it is not a woodworking store, but it has your other hobby.