It's Friday

Well another Friday, so what's planned?

Myself and the house dwellers will be going to In-laws here in a bit, and a church program tonight. My parents house in the morning.

Sunday, regular church and probably football all day.

Weather guessers are saying up to 3 inches of the white stuff starting around 4 o'clock today.

I'll be working on my shop wall and RAS cabinet... Hoping to get something done on it this weekend...

I have a quick plywood stand for the microwave, coffee machine and water bottle unit at work to knock out. Nothing fancy but it will beat the cinder block and 2x4-ish thing we use now. besides it will keep me busy till LOML comes over for the ceremonial last few item gift wrapping session before we go out for lunch ;-)

P.s. and a few more reindeer . . .

Attachments

• reindeer-skinny.jpg
    reindeer-skinny.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Got Christmas with the inlaws today, opening presents with the kids tomorrow before they go to another event (yes they are popular).

Have a couple of kitchen organizers to install that the wife wanted and going to start on the kitchen cabinet doors and building a tenon jig to complete them with.

Been in the shop all morning with Jarrod and Jake getting a large Dinning room set ready to deliver at 12; then off to visit a friend. Christmas wait for Jarrod , Jon and his wife to arrive to share gifts and wifes family gathering on the farm in the afternoon and church on Sunday. the Football !

Like we did last year at this time, spending a few days in downtown Seattle. Staying at our favorite boutique hotel in Seattle, the Vintage Hotel. Spent yesterday browsing the shops and dodging the rain. Last night we had went to the special exhibition of Picasso that is in town at the SAM (Seattle Art Museum). Today we will do more shop browsing, especially used book stores.

Yesterday as we drove down, we had to stop the famous Hardwick's, a hardware store that is a cross between the The Japan Woodworker, Tools for Working Wood and your normal old time hardware store. It is a maze of tall and narrow isles full of tools. You want a hammer? Well, you have an entire isle stuffed full of hammers of all sorts (framing, shoe, ship, etc.) and from all over the world. They have stuff in here, I don't have any idea what it is used for.

Larry Merlau in his first trip out here, met Greg Cook here. Some pics:

Hardwick 1.jpg

Hardwick 2.jpg

Hardwick 3.jpg

Hardwick 4.jpg

Hardwick 6.jpg

Hardwick 7.jpg

Tonight it over to my sisters, then back to the hotel. We will have breakfast tomorrow at Monaco's (another great hotel) and then it is home we go, but stopping to see family first along the way.

Cooking and eating :D:D

We always host Christmas eve dinner and Christmas day dinner. There will be a houseful for sure. My 6 kids, their spouses and 10 grandchildren plus 3 step grandkids. A few other relitives sneaking in as well. :eek:

Christmas eve is a meatless dinner. Having fried smelts, baked stuffed shrimp, lasagna, pizza, farmers pasta, stuffed mushrooms, eggplant parmesan and more. All made my loml and myself.

Christmas day is Turkey, Ham, and too many other goodies to mention.

Then the good part....COOKIES :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Already spent 5 hours at church today setting up sound/lighting/video for service tonight and tomorrow. Service this evening, then the grand kids will be over for wassail. Church tomorrow morning then over to son's house for dinner and several deserts. Sunday, church again then home to collapse.

Wife's side of the family over tonight for dinner and present opening. My side of the family over tomorrow for dinner and present opening. Sunday, drive my mom up to Bellingham to visit my 98 year old grandma (her mom) who recently fell and broke her hip. She's now in a nursing home and the prognosis does not look good.
I guess I should add Monday to my weekend plans because it is a scheduled furlough day off work. I think I'm going to get some lumber and start a new project for the utility room. Perhaps for the first time ever, I'll take a few in progress pictures.

Last edited:
My BIL is coming over for dinner tonight...Chinese take-out. (It seems messed up to me, but it's as close as LOML and her brother have to a Christmas tradition.) We'll exchange gifts with him tonight, and do it with my family next week in NM. The rest of the weekend will be doing as little as possible, and probably more than I want. :rolleyes:

Brent will be BBQing the turkey tomorrow. Usual side dishes. Maybe open one present each tonight and rest in the morning. Gee, I wonder what he got me :huh::huh::dunno:

Spending it by ourselves this year. We're not big on traveling during the holiday season, other than sometimes over the hill to Sacramento.

I was part of the last minute christmas shopping horde in the SYracuse area. SUrprisingly civil crowds, other than the traffic. LOML had to work today, so I dropped her off at 9:30, got my shopping done by 2 something, and hung out waiting for her at her job until 4... then we helped move a sofa one of the other vendors bought.

Shopping done, wrapping done, and I'm about to start dinner.

Got away from work about 1:15 today. LOML wanted some orange juice, and said we were out of Dr. Pepper, so I made a trip to the store. Just happened to be in the same parking lot as Woodcraft. AMAZING isn't it????:rofl: Got a 12.00 off 25.00 coupon from them for today only. Got a Starrett 12' stick on tape measure for the TS (6' is too short.), and 2 handles for files I've needed for a while. Other than that, rested the afternoon away. Just started a fire, then learned one of our friends/dog adoptors/dog foster homes in N. Dallas had their chimney catch on fire, maybe partially collapse, holes in the roof, lots of smoke damage, but no injuries, thank God. May get one or more of their dogs tomorrow on our way back from our trip to Oklahoma to Glenna's side of the family for Christmas. So keep them in your prayers.
Sunday, I may just sleep all day. Jim.

My BIL is coming over for dinner tonight...Chinese take-out. (It seems messed up to me, but it's as close as LOML and her brother have to a Christmas tradition.) We'll exchange gifts with him tonight, and do it with my family next week in NM. The rest of the weekend will be doing as little as possible, and probably more than I want. :rolleyes:

Hey Vaughn,
Don't knock Chinese on Christmas... since the wife and I are not traveling again this year, and the kids aren't coming here, we were planning on a movie and Chinese tomorrow...we've done this every year since moving up here.... but the weather is scheduled to drop snow (that's a four letter word as far as I'm concerned) starting tonight and into tomorrow and we don't want to travel these back roads in snow... so we did Chinese Christmas dinner for lunch today and tomorrow we'll probably not get out our jammies all day.

Sunday I have two more pepper mills of a 4 mill order to complete... I'm a little behind because my wood was late... I order before T-giving, but it was out of stock and had to be pressed... it's an engineered wood... then the supplier forgot to ship it after it was finished... Just got it on Wednesday...