Easr Coast Snow storm coming . . . .

I have no idea how much we got :dunno: The wind was whipping off the pond at a constant 40 mph. There is bare ground in places and 5 foot drifts in others. Didn't lose power though:huh::huh::huh: simply amazing.
Used the snowblower 3 times and it's still drifting in. My son in law that lives with us has a plowing route and never got to me. Been out plowing for 18 hours :rolleyes:

Yep. Barely got an inch here. Doorlink is disappointed, and so is James. I'm not: no shoveling! :thumb:

And we kept power all the way through. Which is really good news, as I still haven't wired up the generator. It would have been extension cords running through the house again, or me, out in the snow, working. Yikes! :doh:

Thanks,

Bill

oh heck guys, you're just getting the leftovers from the almost 2 feet of snow that we got the other week, and the additional 5" on top of that from the other day.

1" of snow in new york, and they're breaking out the tire chains
1" of snow here, and we ignore it

3" of snow in new york, and they panic run to the stores
3" of snow here, it's eat in, or go to a resteraunt

6" of snow in new york, the city is shut down
6" of snow here, time to finally break out the shovels

12" of snow in new york, blizzard of the decade
12" of snow here, finally get a chance to use the new snowblower

24" of snow in new york, blizzard of the century
24" of snow here, cuss out the city trucks for plowing in the driveway

36" of snow in new york, the end is near!
36" of snow here, int'l airport down to 2 runways while they clear the others

and they say new yorkers are a tough lot...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Must be talking about the Downstate people.

I disconnected the tire this morning and brought it to a local shop owner who sells and repairs snowblowers/lawnmowers.
He explained to me how hard it is sometimes to fill these small tires when they are a bit older and they are cold. 24 lbs pressure exactly, and sent me on my way. Nice guy, made my day I didnt have to spring for any money for any new tire or service.

He explained to me how hard it is sometimes to fill these small tires when they are a bit older and they are cold. 24 lbs pressure exactly, and sent me on my way. Nice guy, made my day I didnt have to spring for any money for any new tire or service.

That's very true. I pulled the turf tires of my garden tractor and put some ag tires on it. Used a rope and a stick to compress the middle of the tire so the beads would set against the rim so that the air would 'take' and pump it up. Once the bead goes, if it doesn't have a tube, it gets fun...

LOL - I just saw the mis-spell in the thread title. :doh:

FYI - A ratcheting strap clamp is a wonderful tool to help position a small tire on a rim so a blast of air will set the tire bead. The more air volume you can supply to "pop" it the better.

I bought the ratcheting tie downs with hooks and tried to use them for woodworking but the hooks caused issues. I cut the hooks off and sewed the strap onto the ratchet making a loop. Voila - instant ratchet clamp - cheaper than a purpose made one.

I saw a video of polar 4x4 explorer folks with large balloon tires running at very low tire pressures. When they popped a tire bead they would shoot starting fluid (ether) into the tire and toss in a match. The explosion would set the tire bead. Not for the faint of heart I imagine.

I'm all plowed out and the snow is melting on the driveway.

attachment.php

Cheers

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0484 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0484 (Medium).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: