Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pet gloat!!!!

Thumbs up New pet gloat!!!!

Oh wow, this is gonna be great. It's been sixteen years since we've had a pup. We have been dog less for about a year and a half since I had to put our Springer Buddy down. My son is ten and has been asking to get another dog for several months. I started looking casually a month or so ago but a few days ago a deal fell into my lap that I just couldn't refuse. A member of another site that I'm a member of had an "accidental breeding" between his German Shorthaired Pointer (M) and English Setter (F). At this point, we're calling him a Point-Setter
    His welping name is "Cowboy" which my son likes but he's working on a permanent name. We just brought him home a couple of hours ago and there's no separation anxiety here at all. He's been romping around here with his tail going a mile a minute! Gotta love a new pup in the house. Here are some pics.

Last edited by John Pollman; 02-17-2007 at 01:47 PM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

OK, you started it! Here come the dog photos. Here is our new family addition (one of two new Cavalier King Charles pups) . . .
    Jeff Wright
    Treasure Island FL

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Call him Frank, "after Old Blue Eyes"

That's a nice pup. I am thinking about getting me a shop buddy too. I just never had much luck with house training a pup. Maybe with me being home all the time now, it won't be so bad.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by Don Taylor View Post
    Call him Frank, "after Old Blue Eyes"

That's a nice pup. I am thinking about getting me a shop buddy too. I just never had much luck with house training a pup. Maybe with me being home all the time now, it won't be so bad.

DT
    I like that Don! I'll have to suggest it to my son.

You've got a cute pup too Jeff! Congrats.

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

John, that is a real cute pup!! I saw the picture before I read your story. I imediately thought English Setter, but man that is a lot of blue for the ears. And the head didn't look quite right. Then reading it was an ES/GSP mix, it made perfect sense.
    But be careful, this is going to be one smart dog! GSP's are very smart hunters, and the English Setter will be a fun loving companion/hunter. It's instincts will be to put it's nose down and GO! Teach your son to be very careful with open doors and gates. These hunters tend to get absorbed in the hunt, and forget where they came from. I think your son, and you, will have a great companion for many years to come! Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 02-17-2007 at 03:31 AM. Reason: correct my abreviations.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Congrats John! That's one cute pup! Should be a sweet dog and a great addition to the family! I can definitely see the setter ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wright View Post
    OK, you started it! Here come the dog photos. Here is our new family addition (one of two new Cavalier King Charles pups) . . .

Our Beauregard is a little over a year old now... but he and Elvis still act as much like puppies as when they WERE puppies. I hope they never change! Great little dogs.

KC

Point-Setter. I like it.

Looks like it's gonna be a great pup, John. Congrats!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

That's a gorgeous pup. We had 2 English Setters when I was a kid, and they're great dogs. If you're out Waterford way, bring him by. China loves puppies. Since you've got the Red Wings thing going, how about calling him Yzerman?
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Awww, that's a cutie John. Love those blue eyes. yep Frank would be a fitting name.

Don't have any puppies around here but my AKC Lab came into heat yesterday

Have fun with that new member to the family John....

GSP, did you get him from Scott LaRoe (Timbergsp)on that other forum?
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "