New pet gloat!!!!

John Pollman

Oh wow, this is gonna be great. It's been sixteen years since we've had a pup. We have been dog less for about a year and a half since I had to put our Springer Buddy down. My son is ten and has been asking to get another dog for several months. I started looking casually a month or so ago but a few days ago a deal fell into my lap that I just couldn't refuse. A member of another site that I'm a member of had an "accidental breeding" between his German Shorthaired Pointer (M) and English Setter (F). At this point, we're calling him a Point-Setter ;)
His welping name is "Cowboy" which my son likes but he's working on a permanent name. We just brought him home a couple of hours ago and there's no separation anxiety here at all. He's been romping around here with his tail going a mile a minute! :) Gotta love a new pup in the house. Here are some pics.

Cowboy1.jpg

Cowboy2.jpg

Cowboy3.jpg

Last edited:
OK, you started it! Here come the dog photos. Here is our new family addition (one of two new Cavalier King Charles pups) . . .

Attachments

• Clare.jpg
    Clare.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 18
Call him Frank, "after Old Blue Eyes" :rofl:

That's a nice pup. I am thinking about getting me a shop buddy too. I just never had much luck with house training a pup. Maybe with me being home all the time now, it won't be so bad.

DT

Call him Frank, "after Old Blue Eyes" :rofl:

That's a nice pup. I am thinking about getting me a shop buddy too. I just never had much luck with house training a pup. Maybe with me being home all the time now, it won't be so bad.

DT
I like that Don! :) I'll have to suggest it to my son. ;)

You've got a cute pup too Jeff! Congrats.

John

John, that is a real cute pup!! I saw the picture before I read your story. I imediately thought English Setter, but man that is a lot of blue for the ears. And the head didn't look quite right. Then reading it was an ES/GSP mix, it made perfect sense.
But be careful, this is going to be one smart dog! GSP's are very smart hunters, and the English Setter will be a fun loving companion/hunter. It's instincts will be to put it's nose down and GO! Teach your son to be very careful with open doors and gates. These hunters tend to get absorbed in the hunt, and forget where they came from. I think your son, and you, will have a great companion for many years to come! Jim.

Last edited:
OK, you started it! Here come the dog photos. Here is our new family addition (one of two new Cavalier King Charles pups) . . .

Our Beauregard is a little over a year old now... but he and Elvis still act as much like puppies as when they WERE puppies. I hope they never change! Great little dogs. :wave:

KC

That's a gorgeous pup. We had 2 English Setters when I was a kid, and they're great dogs. If you're out Waterford way, bring him by. China loves puppies. Since you've got the Red Wings thing going, how about calling him Yzerman?

Awww, that's a cutie John. Love those blue eyes. yep Frank would be a fitting name.

Don't have any puppies around here but my AKC Lab came into heat yesterday :eek:

Have fun with that new member to the family John....

GSP, did you get him from Scott LaRoe (Timbergsp)on that other forum?

Awww, that's a cutie John. Love those blue eyes. yep Frank would be a fitting name.

Don't have any puppies around here but my AKC Lab came into heat yesterday :eek:

Have fun with that new member to the family John....

GSP, did you get him from Scott LaRoe (Timbergsp)on that other forum?
Hi Steve,

actually I talked to Scott about a pup. He had one available that I was considering. But I ended up getting this one from Rooster Smasher (Tom). He was much closer and he ended up being much more desireable when it came to price.... Like FREE! :D That fit into the budget perfectly. ;)
I can't wait to see what this guy is like in a few months. Now I've got a big project on my hands. I want to install an invisible fence. But my lot is 165' wide front to back and 365' deep on the N. lot line and 385' deep on the S. side. The back half of my lot is pretty heavily wooded so I've got a lot of work installing that thing but it'll be well worth it in the long run.

Take care

John

Last edited:
Great looking pup. We have been dog-free for about 7 months, had to put down my german shepard in early july due to gastric torsion. It is amazing how much you miss the critters. My wife and I decided that we would go awhile before we got a new pup, kept telling the kids, when they are a little more responsible and able to help more we would get a new dog. Well, I catch myself looking at craigslist for not only possible tool purchases, but dogs to. I would love to stumble into a deal like that. That is how we got our shepard, pure breed but the breeders going through a divorce. They wanted to unload all the females from the last litter, so the price was right, "free."

Good luck enjoy the pup

Great looking pup

That's a great looking pup you've got there! :thumb: Congrats. I chuckled when I saw this thread because LOML and I are right in the middle of getting a shop dog ourselves. We'll be getting a rescued Beagle hopefully sometime this week so it's top of mind. In fact, Menards (home center in the midwest here) had a sale this week on dog 'stuff' so we have all the gear and toys but no dog yet! Anyway, I love shop dog threads so thanks for starting this one and congrats and good luck!:D