Work Sharp 3000 at the depot

Ok, Well, I did it too. Just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. We'll see if they honor it...

Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

Man, what a deal. I am a true lover of the WorkSharp 3000 (not the 2000). With it anyone can learn to sharpen chisels and plane irons well enough to shave with. The whole learning routine will probably take 20 or 30 minutes.

If a blade is a bit dull, it takes a about 20 to 60 seconds to make it great again.
If the blade is really dull it will probably take another 50 or 60 seconds.
If the blade is nicked, you have to remove the nick before the above times apply. A tiny nick is no big deal using the 3000. With a real chip, I would probably use a dry grinder or Wolverine first.

Don't let this one get away!

Enjoy,

Jim

I ordered the 2000 when the 3000 was out of stock. Saw some jigs you can make to get different angles.

Now I'm wondering if I should order the 3000. AFAIK I can't cancel the first order and I can't return it to a store. What to do?

Guess I got mine in under the wire. I did get a backorder notice, but so far so good, seems like they might actually ship someday.

Glad I jumped on late last night. It's back-ordered but I have a confirmation number.

It makes me wonder about their business model. A few weeks ago they had the huge direct sale and ran out prematurely. Then they make a deal with Home Depot? Wonder if they CAN deliver? And with the crush of orders, what will the quality be like?

Wonder why they decided to seek orders this way? Home Depot would have contracted for X number of units. The spread of delivery would be spread out.

More importantly, payment would also be spread out, likely 120 days beyond delivery. Wonder how that pays the bills?

Big box stores like HD and Wally World work of the vendor's money as long as they legally can, and then hassle them over payments as well.

Do business with the big boys, you need DEEP pockets. Small businesses generally get munched along the way.

Or did this small business get sold to a larger entity? Inquiring minds, etc.

Rob? Your two cents?

Got my confirmation as well.

I've seen them do this before as well. Perhaps they get X amount of units up front and pay for them at a cheaper price knowing that they are going to have to back order some.

Yeah, it just seems like someone made a mistake before they shut it down.

Like I need another sharpening gizmo, but the price was just too good not to give it a shot!

Guess I'm old, tired and frugal (cheap). I've been sharpening by hand for so many years, I can't justify the cost or the bench space for one. Once everything is sharp, it doesn't take that much to keep it that way. And time isn't really all that important....part of the enjoyment of the hobby is getting the tool ready for the job.

Ya gotta remember......I'm a registered curmudgeon. :wave: