Toilet Seat Guitar Made It's Debut Christmas Day

scott spencer

Well, this year's Christmas project was definitely a hit at our house yesterday. It got played nearly non-stop by someone all day (and evening :rolleyes:). We wrapped it up in toilet paper...the look of bewilderment when they unwrapped it was a riot. We also gave them a portable battery powered mini amp to go with it.

The two older boys already have guitars, so this was supposed to be for the 3 younger kids, but they had a lot of competition getting a turn! Lotsa “Smoke On The Water”, “Iron Man”, and “Another One Bites The Dust” riffs being played by the newbies here! :eek: I don't have any sound clips, but it really doesn't sound too bad when played on a real amp....not quite at the level of their big brother's guitars, but more pleasing on the ears than an average $100 China Strat clone.

The first pic shows the toilet paper wrapping coming off. :D

Christmas2010027.jpg

Christmas2010030.jpg

Christmas2010045.jpg
Christmas2010032.jpg

Christmas2010034.jpg
Christmas2010047.jpg

Christmas2010048.jpg

Christmas2010049.jpg
guitar002.jpg
guitar003.jpg

Last edited:
Priceless!

Just shows all those folks out there worried about if they can or can't build a guitar to just go ahead and git-r-dun...

The smiles in your pictures are worth every second you put into the project :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hi,
Your thread was the end of a wonderful day.

Glenn and his tribe were here for "Christmas" today, the 26th. We ate, we laughed, we took pics, we traded presents and of course after they left Myrna and I found something that didn't get done.

I made several Kleenex type boxes to fit into their cars. Each was to be finished as they wished and contured to fit their specific car. Well, every time I would remember about them, some change in conversation, joke or whatever would occur and I never asked my questions. The net result was, they went home, the Kleenex box holders sat on my workbench.

Enjoy,

Jim

Hi,
Your thread was the end of a wonderful day.

Glenn and his tribe were here for "Christmas" today, the 26th. We ate, we laughed, we took pics, we traded presents and of course after they left Myrna and I found something that didn't get done.

I made several Kleenex type boxes to fit into their cars. Each was to be finished as they wished and contured to fit their specific car. Well, every time I would remember about them, some change in conversation, joke or whatever would occur and I never asked my questions. The net result was, they went home, the Kleenex box holders sat on my workbench.

Enjoy,

Jim

Not that I'm a member of the picture posse, Mr. Bradley, but I would find it very interesting to see some photos of these custom tissue holders, if you wouldn't mind.... :thumb:

That's a great job on the guitar. You a member od Cigarbox Nation? They make guitars out of all sorts of things. Mainly cigar boxes but there are several toilet seat, hubcaps, gourds, etc. there.

Great looking family you have. Looks like they had a great time.

Jim, I would also like to see the tissue holders you made.

Last edited:
Nothin like a toilet seat electric thru a marshall amp to get funky!:rofl::thumb:

I actually saw one of these in 1967. A band called the "safaris" (surf hit was wipeout) whipped one out mid set. I saw these guys at a high school gym up north and expected, well not much. They kicked butt, playing their one or 2 hits,and then all the current FM hits of the day.
The kids are in good company! Merry Christmas for sure. :wave: