Newbie Hi from Mostly Dry Oregon

Arnie Grammon

Great site! :wave:

Like most of you, I love to waste valuable shop time catching up on the latest woodworking gossip.

Thanks for allowing me to stick my toe in the water.

For those who wonder about such things, 2/3 of Oregon is dry and almost desert-like, but then there's the rainy 1/3 that gets all the press and hoopla.

Arnie

Welcome aboard, Arnie. Explaining to people that Oregon is dry is about like trying to convice folks that parts of Arizona are cold in the summer. It really is true, but people just don't want to believe it. :)

For those who wonder about such things, 2/3 of Oregon is dry and almost desert-like, but then there's the rainy 1/3 that gets all the press and hoopla.

Arnie
Hi Arnie! Welcome :wave:
No need to explain dry OR to me, I live 35 Miles off your Eastern border and the dry part of OR is all I usually see.
We vacationed near Crater Lake last fall and drove back along the southern route through Lakeview then north to Burns. Incredibly dry! I was blown away by the lakes with their deep blue green water - though I would not want to swim in them!!!:eek:

Welcome. I lived in the wet 1/3 (Eugene and Sweet Home) for several years many moons ago. Did a little exploring east of the Cascades but was mostly on the green side. It's one gorgeous state (excluding Springfield of course:D )