Since we moved the shelf above our stove up to accommodate the new microwave/vent hood (previously only a vent hood), the doors didn't fit anymore to cover the newly installed plug. We decided that this would make a good display area, but I needed to figure out how to cover the plug. Originally we were going to just put some cleats on the sides and top/bottom of the cabinet and attach some bead board. I didn't like the way it was trimmed out, so scrapped that idea.
Well, this is what we've come up with, which will be painted to match some of the other new cabinets.
I've removed the center stile and the box to slides into the space. It's shallow with the back attached to cover the plug in the back of the cabinet. The face will be attached to the box once painted. The whole thing will be held in place by a screw or two on each side from the adjoining cabinets so that it can be removed as needed
The corner moulding around the top will be removed and cut to go around the new face once I get it painted to help tie it all together.