Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sad day in our home

Reno, Nv

A sad day in our home

A childhood friend and my sisters best pal for life died today after a long and hard battle with multiple organ failure. We'd hoped...but kept in the back of our minds that things would go bad. I've worked on several patients like this and the result is never good, but when it's close to home...well...that's the price you pay for working in medicine. We know that she is flying with Angels sister and I have tried to chat on the phone, but it's the wrong time of year...not that their is a right one...and we cry our eyes out to each other.
    So her name still is Ruth Smith a stay at home mom, loved any kind of crafting, her husband is Olag, an Ag seed grower , they lived in Germany. I talked to her just before she was admitted to the hospital and my sister talked to her the day she was. She loved to sing...was a lousy guitar player and loved seafood and Merlot...I made shrimp and crab stuffed pasta at least 4 times a year for her. This house is a bit sad for a while...but it seems like a fitting end to a lousy year. Just wanted to vent for a bit. Thanks all for thoughts and prayers
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 12-30-2010 at 01:46 AM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Reno NV
    It's never easy i reckon. But I'm sure having you as a friend was a bright spot in her life. My sincerest condolences....

Central NY State
    Jim, I'm sorry to hear of your and your sister's loss. Best wishes coming your way.

Abq, NM
    Such is the circle of life...... my condolances to you and the other survivors.

Indianapolis area
    You, your sister, your friend and her family will be in my prayers.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    You and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Yorktown, Virginia
    My condolences to those left to grieve.

Those events are never wanted, never easy, and not for being known to come never accepted easily.

My condolences to you all.
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

ABQ NM
    Jim, I'm always sorry to see news like this. She sounds like a great friend. My condolences to the people whose lives she touched.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Jim am sending my condolences also. I know that it gets easer as time goes on. some times you wounder if it will, but it does. I really hate these stories as we never know when it's gonna happen to some one else we care about.