My Shop Re-org - Getting ready for the New year!

Well, continuing on the theme of making things harder on my self before making them easy, I ripped out the last of the previous owners shelves in the garage and sorted through all the stuff I had on them. I mostly had automotive stuff stored on those shelves so I sorted through all the cleansers, oils, chemicals etc. Reduced it down somewhat, have some I need to get rid of.

Tomorrow I think I'll make some more drawers and a few more upper cab shelving units. If I can get that done, and get the mess cleaned up, I think I'll call an electrician to run a subpanel out to the garage. Might even be able to make this into a real shop in the coming year.

good for you brent,, a organized shop is something that makes the work more pleasurable, and it would facilitate the ending of the table project:)

Well, we agreed we want the cherry TV entertainment center done first...that will help finish out the great room (in addition to baseboards, new windows in the spring and my completing the hallway, oh and don't forget all the new lighting and doors/hardware...I'm tired already). I can live with my 100 year old Duncan Phyfe table a bit longer. Nothing a good table cloth can't disguise :doh::doh:

Well, My initial feelings of being overwhelmed from yesterday have disappeared. Spent all day out there fiddling around and putting some things away.

Sorted through my altogether far too large collection of sheet goods and got a start on making a couple more upper cabs to go where I pulled out the remaining melamine shelves from the PrevOwner.

No pictures today, because it really doesn't look that great, but It's at the point where I'm actually able to move sheet goods around in the shop and break them down without being outside. Really glad I took advantage of the last several days of warm weather to get that done.

Now if I can only manage to keep work at bay in the new year I'll actually be able to get some things done.

Tomorrow I should be able to get the cabs built and maybe a few more drawers for the lower cabs, then I might truly be able to have the beast under control.

I already started on my 'Clean as you go' and 'Everything in its place' resolutions. Swept up and shop vac'd the whole thing.