Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowbound no more!

Snowbound no more!

I hate being snowbound!

Three days later and I am commenting on everyone's posts. Sorry. I am bored.

And the roads still are not plowed. I tried to shovel a little today. Stuff is very deep (18") and very wet and heavy. Not good for my neck and back at all, at all. I quit after a ten foot path. Back is now complaining and had to dip into the meds.

The fellow who kept my drive and my neighbor's drive clear is very ill, on dialysis. My neighbor is 86 and just had knee replacement surgery. Don't know how we are gonna get this mess cleaned up. Temps haven't been above freezing for the last three days either and the forecast is not promising.

Thankfully, we have power and Internet.

So here I am, pestering all you fine folk.
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 01-01-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Pester away, that's what we are here for!

Don't fight the snow, just make some more bread and relax and enjoy the down time...

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    thats right Carol, I was grumbling today that the shop temps never got above 41 I guess I should count my blessings
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

We're listening Carol
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    thats right Carol, I was grumbling today that the shop temps never got above 41 I guess I should count my blessings
    My old minimum temp for shop time was 40.3 degrees. Dropped that to 29.1 today...

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    My old minimum temp for shop time was 40.3 degrees. Dropped that to 29.1 today...
    In the winter my basement sticks around 55 degrees. I thought that was chilly. I need a heavy sweatshirt. But 29 degrees Too cold for me
    Faith, Hope & Charity

It wasn't that bad, but I was wearing those big ole boots with felt liners, a thick sweatshirt, some of those little brown cotton gloves most of the time. I could stand next to the kerosene heater for a little warmth or get a sunburn from the infrared parabolic heater...

After a few hours the biggest problem I had was my feet getting cold. Next time I'll put some of those little foot warmers in my shoes...

Carol, here's something to watch out for with all the snow!

Click Here
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Just got back home and looked as I parked the truck in the shop, it was 16 degrees in there. Might get that up to a whole 26 if I started a fire tonight.

Carol, I'd not worry too much about it for now, enjoy the downtime.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

That's funny, Dan! I don't have one of those beepers, but I also am not going anywhere anytime soon. Car is snowed in the carport.

Internet was down for a while tonight. I have been napping and now my sleep cycle is all whacked out. Power blipped four times within an hour. I went to bed. Now I am awake again.

I will call my handy guy, Lupe, and have him come shovel for my neighbor and me. When they get the roads plowed and he can get here! What a mess!

Meanwhile, I will pester. Thanks.

Bread and brownies tomorrow, though. If the power stay on. So far so good.

Won't get to my church this Sunday. I have a mountain to get over to get there and that ain't happening. I can't even get out of my driveway! They will wing it. They have before I got there. Bummer! I LIKE doing the service.

Happy New Year. Party was a fizzle....