Snowbound no more!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I hate being snowbound!

Three days later and I am commenting on everyone's posts. Sorry. I am bored.

And the roads still are not plowed. I tried to shovel a little today. Stuff is very deep (18") and very wet and heavy. Not good for my neck and back at all, at all. I quit after a ten foot path. Back is now complaining and had to dip into the meds.

The fellow who kept my drive and my neighbor's drive clear is very ill, on dialysis. My neighbor is 86 and just had knee replacement surgery. Don't know how we are gonna get this mess cleaned up. Temps haven't been above freezing for the last three days either and the forecast is not promising.

Thankfully, we have power and Internet.

So here I am, pestering all you fine folk.

Last edited:
Pester away, that's what we are here for!

Don't fight the snow, just make some more bread and relax and enjoy the down time... :thumb:

It wasn't that bad, but I was wearing those big ole boots with felt liners, a thick sweatshirt, some of those little brown cotton gloves most of the time. I could stand next to the kerosene heater for a little warmth or get a sunburn from the infrared parabolic heater... :rofl:

After a few hours the biggest problem I had was my feet getting cold. Next time I'll put some of those little foot warmers in my shoes...

My old minimum temp for shop time was 40.3 degrees. Dropped that to 29.1 today... :rofl:

Just got back home and looked as I parked the truck in the shop, it was 16 degrees in there. Might get that up to a whole 26 if I started a fire tonight.

Carol, I'd not worry too much about it for now, enjoy the downtime. :wave:

That's funny, Dan! I don't have one of those beepers, but I also am not going anywhere anytime soon. Car is snowed in the carport.

Internet was down for a while tonight. I have been napping and now my sleep cycle is all whacked out. Power blipped four times within an hour. I went to bed. Now I am awake again.

I will call my handy guy, Lupe, and have him come shovel for my neighbor and me. When they get the roads plowed and he can get here! What a mess!

Meanwhile, I will pester. Thanks.

Bread and brownies tomorrow, though. If the power stay on. So far so good.

Won't get to my church this Sunday. I have a mountain to get over to get there and that ain't happening. I can't even get out of my driveway! They will wing it. They have before I got there. Bummer! I LIKE doing the service.

Happy New Year. Party was a fizzle....

Carol, a friend told me that since God put all that snow there let him take it away. And if we are patient he will do just that.

We had 15" here the day after Christmas which is a veritable blizzard in our area. Two days later the majority was melted, the streets were clear and what was left was in the shade or on the north side of structures.

Today it is supposed to be 65 and Big Mike is gonna bust that shop wide open with turning shavings.

Be well and take care of that back.

Oh, Happy New Year!!!!

we had 56degrees yesterday and thunder showers,,, strang winter thus far glad yu got the neccessitys carol.. if were closer i would shovel your drive for some brownies and home made bread:)

Aww...RIGHT!

A grader just went through and plowed the road!

Now if I can get the driveway shoveled....

...without killing myself. :eek:

Well if it helps any its 60 some degrees here, Clear blue sky, shop doors opening and spraying the finish on the last of the kitchen doors.

Well, the old lady ain't dead yet. But not for lack of trying! The 60 feet of driveway is shoveled.

Funny thing about this snow. The temperatures have not gotten above freezing for four days. Yesterday a half a shovel full was almost too heavy to lift and it stuck to the shovel something awful. Today it is much lighter and didn't stick so bad. Its not melting. It is evaporating!

It's ARIZONA snow! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And yes, Larry, I will try to go to work tomorrow morning. Now it is possible. In the morning we will see if it is safe.

Now if the handful of Aleve I just took would kick in....

Well, the old lady ain't dead yet. But not for lack of trying! The 60 feet of driveway is shoveled.

Funny thing about this snow. The temperatures have not gotten above freezing for four days. Yesterday a half a shovel full was almost too heavy to lift and it stuck to the shovel something awful. Today it is much lighter and didn't stick so bad. Its not melting. It is evaporating!

It's ARIZONA snow! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And yes, Larry, I will try to go to work tomorrow morning. Now it is possible. In the morning we will see if it is safe.

Now if the handful of Aleve I just took would kick in....

Its a Dry Snow, just like the heat...:rofl:

Good to hear you in such good spirits after all that snow shovelling Carol. BTW we had all our snow disappear on us today. Started last night and this afternoon with the rain there aint much left around. Great break in the snow so we get to have our driveway completely clear. Now the snowman light i have out front looks rather strange on green grass.:D

Weather sure is crazy this year. Felt real sad and sorry for the folks that started he new year with the tornadoes. :(